Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Lets share Christmas ideas

jmanghamon, what great things you and your husband make. You are both very talented. Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by virgwid
    Ok, someone on another topic mentioned that there were only 116 days left til xmas. This is my first year quilting. Would love to hear of projects you have done in the past for gifts, what worked, what didn't, what your planning for gifts, decorations, etc. for this year. Lets get the ideas flowing! Virg
    Last year my quilting gift of choice was table runners. I think I made 10 of them as gifts.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the ideas, I'm having a brain block these days.Making pot holders and ????

I will be following hoping for new ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    I Googled Click it bags,i still not sure.Connie in CO
    Check them out here:
    http://www.robinquiltsetc.com/clickitbag.html

Don't forget gift card holders. There's a ton of free patterns out there.

I'm adding a lot of the great suggetions here on my To Do list!!! (if the dang ankle ever gets better.)

Thanks all!!!!

I never knew about Clic/Snap bags. I'm putting that at the top of my "TO DO" list. I think it will make great gifts! I'm so glad I check this post.:)

Still working on lap quilts started last year.

Check out the topic "Pin cushion/sewing-button box" in Main. Great Christmas gift example!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhanke
    I made a bunch of these for last Christmas, I put a check in the creatures mouth. They were a big hit, so I think I'll make some more this year. It's an Indygo Junction Pattern.
    This is such a cute idea, thank you for sharing

Blog Entries
    tHANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR ALL THE NICE IDEAS, CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE SOME OF THESE. JUST BEAUTIFUL

I have made place mats, table runners and table toppers for Christmas gifts and everyone seemed to like them. At least, I hope they did. LOL. the only ones I did in a Christmas theme were the table toppers.

Hope this helps, and have fun.

Lucille

Oh, I forgot. I, too, have made everyone pillow cases of their favorite things and they went over pretty well. Forgot to add that to my previous post.

Lucille

Blog Entries
    I'm doing a tablerunner and set of placemats for my grandmother, a tablerunner for my mom, some pillowcases for my dh, mom and DD, two aprons for my DD and that's it so far.

I'm usually almost dine by September and this year not so much

Blog Entries
    I'm making table runners for each family household. This is my second Christmas quilting. Last year doesn't count as I had just lost my oldest daughter (11/01/2010) to 2 types of Cancer. I am using the Tube style and I am really enjoying it. Plus I'm getting a lot of practice with the binding and I'm getting better at that also.

How many of you have other quilters or seamstresses in your family? Do you have to consider what they have given in recent years when you consider what you may give this year? For instance did a relative give table runners or mug rugs last year or aprons and towels so now you can't give those this year? Neck scarves are so easy that I'm adding these to my gift list, both silk and wool.

I am making "mini wall hangings" out of paper pieced trees. Approx 8x10 and I may add beads and strings of "pearls" available at LQS. Probably those for kids. But for grownups I may not decorate them for year around hanging.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL
    How many of you have other quilters or seamstresses in your family? Do you have to consider what they have given in recent years when you consider what you may give this year? For instance did a relative give table runners or mug rugs last year or aprons and towels so now you can't give those this year? Neck scarves are so easy that I'm adding these to my gift list, both silk and wool.
    Well, it is possible that the seamstress who gave you homemade gifts last year was pooped by the time she was done and DIDN'T make one for herself/himself!!!

Ask me why I think I know... lol, lol, lol :-D

Sorry for your loss..there is nothing worse than losing a child and I offer my deepest sympathy. Am glad you have quilting to help ease the pain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redvette54
    I'm thinking pillow cases and a couple of Bow Tuck bags. I've learned to keep Christmas simple. Mostly give gift cards and cash.
    I am loking for a bow tuck bag pattern do you have link that I can check out please

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moedersaar
    Quote Originally Posted by redvette54
    I'm thinking pillow cases and a couple of Bow Tuck bags. I've learned to keep Christmas simple. Mostly give gift cards and cash.
    I am loking for a bow tuck bag pattern do you have link that I can check out please
    The Bow Tuck pattern is only available for sale. Google it and you will find the sources. I got mine on eBay for $6 with no shipping.

The "nutcrackers" by jmanghamom are awesome!!! There are some amazing suggestions here.... A couple of years ago I bought cotton aprons at "simply a dollar" store, embroidered designs and names for all the people who work with my husband (about 75) the next year for Christmas they gave me a picture/collage of ea one of them wearing their aprons, and imprinted with "we love our gifts"!! Think they actually liked them! I was excited. Last year they all got Potato Bags or Oven Hot mitts, (yep, I made both almost 75 of each) this year I'm thinking wristlets or large hum-bug bags but haven't decided, For some of the supervisors I've also made, Table runners, Casserole Carriers, Try to stay within the stash.....

Quote Originally Posted by cindit
    Last year, I did a beach theme for the kids. I bought clearance beach towels, buckets,sunglasses,beach balls, etc and embroidered their name on the beach towel. They thought it was cool - especially in Iowa in the winter!
    My mother used to make applique beach towels for the grandkids for their 2nd or 3rd birthday or Christmas, always a big hit! My kids always used them all year round, & then I could tell who didn't hang the towel back up after bath time!!!

Have to comment on "dhanke" creature, too cute, looks like it could make a good gift card holder!! I am doing some sports pillow cases for some teenagers in the family.... I gave one yesterday to a young man for his 16th Birthday, didnt anticipate any kind of response..... and much to my surprise he was DELIGHTED, he texted my son and told him how much he liked it and it fit his pillow perfect, his mom was even amazed he had brought it in after I gave it to him and put his pillow in it and proudly showed her...... who would know?

Christmas????? I'm still working on Easter stuff. Boy, am I behind!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5