Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Level of Expertise? >

Level of Expertise?

Level of Expertise?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:27 PM

I would also say it is an intermediate pattern. I took a paper piecing class a few years ago and found that if you take your time, paper piecing isn't all that difficult. Same with applique. It is a beautiful quilt and I can understand why you are inspired. It inspires me as well. Good luck and my best wishes to you.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:30 PM

I love the blocks - they are doable. I thing the 400+ leaves in the sashing might get to me though. But I think it is worth the effort. It would be a beautiful quilt. Go for it!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
What level of quilting do you think this pattern is? I really like bit, but I don't want to attempt something that is beyond my ability.

http://pages.prodigy.net/brian_jen/P.../crossway.html
In my opinion it is an easy one - you don't have any curved seams and paper piecing is easy and accurate. Go for it.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 PM

What level of quilting do you think this pattern is? I really like bit, but I don't want to attempt something that is beyond my ability.

http://pages.prodigy.net/brian_jen/P.../crossway.html
I would say that this quilt will only be difficult if you believe it will be. If the instructions are well written, it will be a simple process. If not, just bring any difficulties to us, and we will try to help. Each pattern is easy if you have step by step instructions, and do not try to hurry. If you learn something in the process, you haven't wasted anything. You have just paid for the 'class'. Take each block as a finished accomplishment in its own right. Be patient with your self. A lot of us learn to quilt by doing things all wrong, and seeing what we should have done. You can do it. I have faith in your talent.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Is the flower border the only part that is PP'd? I've been reading through the block directions, but I havn't seen anything about PP yet. Can you guys tell by looking at them?
the flower border is applique. aside from that, there's a lot of paper piecing.
i would consider this intermediate, with an understanding of piecing, applique and paper piecing. if you take it one block at a time and carefully follow the instructions and be very patient you should be able to accomplish it. just go slowly . by the time you finish it, you'll have learned a lot and you'll have a beautiful quilt
to show for it. dive in.
if you have problems or questions along the way, the board is here help you out.
The pattern for the appliqued sashing is further down on the same web page. I, too, would think it is for an intermediate quilter.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Banned

I copied this pattern down a few weeks ago, I hope to be able to make it, and donate to the church to sale tickets on, so they can pay for people in some programs that don't have money to go other wise, the church paid my way to a womens retreat last year. God bless.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Dee

I don't favor paper piecing myself, but jump in, you may love it.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:21 PM

Thank You for prviding this email address. The cross patt. is lovely and I can't wait to get started on it. Keep watching. Karen. K.