Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A little early, but what are your New Year's resolutions? >

A little early, but what are your New Year's resolutions?

A little early, but what are your New Year's resolutions?

Old 12-15-2016, 06:41 AM

I need to institute a complete spending freeze, and I mean everything (except food!). It will be easy not to spend money on clothes/shoes/stuff for the house, but much harder not to spend on quilting and sewing equipment, gadgets, fabric and such like. I really need to use up what I have; I'm running out of space AND money. LOL
Old 12-15-2016, 07:15 AM

As many have said, "I have too much STUFF"! I have a continuous resolution to "use what I have" and intend to try to keep doing that. One of my "problems" is bringing home stuff from the free table at guild....but my goodness, there is so much good stuff thrown on there! My resolutions/goals are to use what I have, organize my sewing/hobby space better, improve my longarming skills, increase the amount of charity projects I do, and make more time for my husband as I am doing all the other things! I also used to tole paint and have tons of supplies for that hobby. Using that "stuff" up is a whole other goal.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:06 AM

I resolve not to write 2016 for the year in 2017!
Old 12-15-2016, 02:08 PM

Too Sooon! Please don't rush the holidays. Let me get done with Christmas and the long list of "To do". Then I'll talk resolutions, goals etc.!
Old 12-15-2016, 07:42 PM

To will try and be everything my English Springer Spaniel Martha thinks I am.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

I am not very good at the resolutions either. But, I plan on writing a list of things I would like to do and hang it in my sewing room where I can see it. That way I will remember to try, at least to do some of it. I don't like to force myself to do things I think are right. I want to do things because they would make me happier.

I am in the habit of cleaning up and sorting out my clothes closet, sewing room and the fabric storage bins on the first couple weeks of the new year. That makes me happy to have a nice space to start out with each year. I often then take the extras and things I am finished with to the second hand store. The bad (hard) part is getting out of there without bringing something else home. There are many ladies at the assistance league who are sewers and quilters who man that store.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-16-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

i will be going back on my diet. i lost 30 lbs in 2 months time, and got very sick. the dr. made me stop. i've gained back one lb in the past 2 months. I'll be going back, but promised the dr. i wouldn't loose more than 10 lbs a month.also, I'm getting a super big jump
on Christmas. I'll be starting tonight on next years gifts. I have plans for everyone on my list, so i'm good to go now..
Old 12-16-2016, 02:26 PM

I am looking forward to Amy Gibson's 2017 BOM sampler and I want to make the Be My Neighbor quilt from Moda.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

What I will do then will be continue with what I am doing now for better health. I had started dieting before and quit, but now I am cutting all food too very low carbs for my diabetes. I have been doing this for about a week now. When next year the weather warms back up some I want to get more exercise, and do some mild forms in the house now.
I also hope to get more organizing done in my home, and doing a lot more visiting. Want to do more hand work, and making quilts, but not on any time schedule. I have learned that me and schedules don't go well together. I guess that comes from my teaching days when everything was by a certain time. I always made my timelines and completed my goals, but now I don't want it to be that way. Oh, I also want to plant a fairy garden for me, and get my great nieces involved in one.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:02 PM

I've had over a year where I was unable to quilt due to family medical problems. My sewing machine is in a tight little corner with barely any room for the chair. My family member is in the hospital and it's going to be -24F tomorrow, so I'm going to spend the day clearing cleaning out that area and setting up some project bags. I want to be able to sew maybe 15 minutes a day. I SO miss my quilting! So that's my goal for 2017. Sew 15 minutes a day.

I did pretty good this year. Bought maybe 5 yards the entire year.