Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long arm quilting machines >

Long arm quilting machines

Long arm quilting machines

Old 06-25-2007, 11:30 AM

to Boo.....I think I lost track of the subject after I started reading down the other messages. Sorry for throwing you off. There is also another thread and I was merely getting myself confused

Now I have added John Flynn frame and the EAsy Quilter II to my lilst. It is growing as time goes along.

Thanks for your patience and concern.

June
Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Boo

June, some of those long arms cost the price of a car. So, I was thinking, omg this woman doesn't even know how to work one! I could just see you deciding after about a month that this was a stupid move. LOL I'm so glad you clarified, and yes it is easy to confuse posts. I have done that myself. :lol:
Old 09-18-2007, 04:54 AM

I also have the gracie with a Jenome 6600 and do fine with both. It takes a little longer to quilt because of the keyhole length but the price is well worth it.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:59 AM

I am glad for the re-visit of this subject. Here are some links you might want to consider. These are mid-arm machines.

http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/homequilter.html

http://www.thequiltcorner.biz/handiquilter.htm

These are much less expensive than a Long-arm. Take a look

Then take a look at these combos and the prices. I felt this would be a good choice for an older person who may get limited use out of the equipment. There are all sorts of combinations. Great prices.

http://www.sewvacdirect.com/grace_combos.html

Comments?

June
Old 09-18-2007, 06:08 AM

June thanks for the websites. I will check them out. I have been following this topic curiously wandering the prices and the different types of long arm machines.

June, I am sure we have had this conversation before, excuse me for my memory but where in WV are you from?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 AM

yes, I think we have been there....but that is OK because it is too difficult to keep everyone straight. At least, at 73, I need a bit of help once in a while. I was raised in the Eastern Panhandle...between the VA and MD state lines. Town by the name of Martinsburg. But I have been gone a long time.

June in Cincinnati
Old 09-18-2007, 03:02 PM

I bought the Flynn and it is awful. It was cheap but not easy to use.
You have to go to Home Depot and get pvc pieces to roll the frame around on, and they have to be just the right diamiter to fit the heigth of your machine. You have to keep it level yourself as you quilt and the pvc has a tendency to roll off the table as you quilt. You can only quilt a small section between the throat of your machine and the roller your quilt is on.
Also it only comes with short pipes to roll your fabric on so you can only do a small quilt. You can buy longer pipes but then it would be even worse to handle.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:17 PM

Hi I want to know more about Bailey Home quilting machine.I have sent away for it . I am geting cold feet about. it I have a Brother 1500 but is dose not do what I want to to. all I have done is fight with it. I just got a second hand quilting table The Peeywinkle. I has a steel fram and about 14 inch it quilt in. My other one was a Handy quilter and I gave it away when I got my new table.I hope that the Bailey Is what I am looking for . If you have any info I well be very thank full I have 6 quilt tops to quilt
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM

Please send your specific questions through Private Message. That way we will not take up a lot of space on the Board. Others who want to know, may also ask.

June
Old 01-29-2011, 09:51 AM

I like king size quilts. I want them to fit my beds, I have 2 king size beds and one queen size bed. I just bought a new joy quilt frame - so far I like it just fine. I put it together myself without any help - I was proud of myself. I started quilting my quilt with one of my home sewing machines, its a bernina, don't have much quilting space with it. I got to a point where I couldn't go any further because I didn't have any more space to quilt so I decided to invest in a long arm sewing machine. I ordered the baileys home quilter, I don't have it yet - but I''m excited to get it so I can proceed my quilting project. It's about 3/4 done.
I was going get the handi quilter and am so glad I didn't It's the 1st one . I think I like the one I got so much better which is the 2nd one. I'm just talking about the quilting frame

handi quilter:II frame
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143864[/ATTACH]

new joy quilting frame
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143865[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143859.jpe   attachment-143860.jpe