Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking at Long Arms ... Nolting?

Looking at Long Arms ... Nolting?

I can tell this will take some time. At a Home Quilting Machine show today in Salt Lake I had a chance to check out several brands. I kinda like Nolting. Anyone had experience with this one?
    SEW MUCH FUN!

I have a Nolting and I love it. When buying a long arm be sure to fine out about who will service and cost. I know some girls with other machines and the service is high priced and some even have to take their machines (big and cumbersome) in to get them serviced. Most important thing about buying a machine is who will help you with it. My Nolting dealer is a peach. Training was great and they are helpful with any questions.
    Enjoy whatever you get.

If you have any dealers within a drive of your home, go try it out first. If not, and there is a quilt show coming that you can attend, go try out all the brands there first. Talk to the sale people about prices and deals.
    Ask at your LQS or Guild if anyone has a long arm could you talk to them about what they like and dislike about their machine. Do you homework. This is a big investment.

Nolting is a well established, reliable mfgr of l/a.....friend had one, loves it, no complaints.........

I agree with spice for a large purchase like that you need to make sure you have good support and how easy the servicing and training will be for you.
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

I agree 100% with what alleyoop1 said. it is a VERY big investment just like a car.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    The rule-of-thumb is to take a year to research and try out before making a decision. There are several longarm groups on groups.yahoo.com. It would be a good idea to join to get info from actual users of different setups. My own recommendation is to be sure to try out an Innova before making a decision. That's my personal favorite "dream" machine and I would probably purchase it even without a dealer nearby, as they have good telephone support and the machines are very self-maintainable. There are two Innova groups on Yahoo; some of the members there have owned other brands before switching to Innova so you can get that point of view too.

I too am wanting to buy a L/A and since I am new to long-arming I have been doing a lot of research. After a while it gets very confusing. What I think I am coming to realize is that the machines do basically the same thing - its the little accessories that may come with the machine, i.e. blacklight that may a difference. (when comparing similar size machines such as an 18" throat machine. The other consideration is the dealer and how helpful they will be; proximity to home and price.

I have a Nolting Fun Quilter and it is plenty machine for what I do. It is a good machine and is easy to operate and I enjoy using it. Customer service is great and they are a good company to work with.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

I have two noltings and love them
    Nancy

I learned on a Nolting without a stitch regulator and it was an okay machine. I tried many different LongArms and found the Innova. I love it.

However, I agree with Prism99 and allyoop, research and test drive. Also, make sure what support and servicing is for the machine.

I have a Nolting and I really like it.

I learned on a Nolting Hobby quilter (12" harp) then the store upgraded to a 16" harp Nolting. We liked it and when we had some trouble we call the company the they talked us through the correction. Very nice people to work with. That was the store's machine. I now have a HandiQuilter 16 at home.

I have a Nolting and am very happy with it. Toni

I have the Nolting 24" Pro and love it. It is a workhorse and I have not had any issues with it at all. I bought my Nolting because the cust service is 100% the best ever. The machine and table are USA made,very important to me.
    What you get on the machine is standard where other machine companies it is extra.
    Pat, Lover of Art Deco and Applique
    www.BobbinKnobbins.com

I have a Nolting, 18" with stitch regulator. I have a dealer 1 1/2 hrs away who is terrific. I bought it refurbished from Nolting, which is also a possibility. I did not want any computerization. I did a lot of FMQ on my Singer 301 and for now, I still am not so hot on it. It is a strong machine, a very nice company to work with. It is a durable machine. I need lots more practice. It is a steep learning curve.
    Last edited by lswan; 05-09-2015 at 01:02 PM. Reason: did not finish

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSunshine View Post
    I have a Nolting Fun Quilter and it is plenty machine for what I do. It is a good machine and is easy to operate and I enjoy using it. Customer service is great and they are a good company to work with.
    Everything you stated I totally agree, LOVE my FQ machine as I traded up from a Voyager17". Wanted a machine that was a lighter weight and a workhorse machine--got it**

Blog Entries
    I have the Lenova and love it. Bought it from people in Utah
    Patski
    always learning

Blog Entries
    I am on the east coast. My Nolting dealer is awesome. It is a really nice company and if you ever have to call them, you might just talk right to the president of the company. They are very helpful and have talked me through any issues I had as I was learning to use the machine. Support is very good at Nolting. As with any dealer, find out who works in your area, call them, meet them if you can and take a trial session on a machine. I have never met anyone who didn't like their Nolting.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Thank you, all of you, for your responses. I've tested several brands and I really liked the feel of Nolting. I liked the fact that it is all metal. I like the stitch it made. I am in the research mode and value all of the info I am receiving.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

I have a Nolting and LOVE it! The service people are outstanding:0
    Patricia

Try as many different longarms as you can. And play with them for as long as possible! I have an Innova that has free 24/7/365 tech service that can help you with any problem. Super well made and made in Texas. Fabulous frames too! Love mine that I've had for 6.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
    I can tell this will take some time. At a Home Quilting Machine show today in Salt Lake I had a chance to check out several brands. I kinda like Nolting. Anyone had experience with this one?
    I know nothing at all but I was at the show also 😀 and looked at several machines. The salesman at that super nice looking, easy to use Bernina Q80 ( I think?) said that the stitch regulator on some of the machines is questionable. I would be sure to try out and ask a lot of questions. Did you have a good time at show? I did. So so SO many stunning quilts. Lots of venders and great people....

yel
    Blog Entries
    i have the innova ......love it== love it==love it

Nolting is a very reputable manufacturer with a long history. The don't advertise as much as some of the others, and they aren't painted as prettily as some , but the folks I know like them. I used to live near the Nolting factory, and I got a tour. Definitely a small business that knew their work.

Pam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast