Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for a stand alone bobbin winder that will work with L bobbins

Looking for a stand alone bobbin winder that will work with L bobbins

Hey all,
    I've been having problems with my bobbin winder on my PQ1500s not winding bobbins all the way and figure this is a good excuse to ask Santa for a stand alone bobbin winder. But I don't know which one to ask for since none of the on-line description I've found say that they will work for the L bobbins. I also have several machines that take the Class 15 bobbins, so a machine that works for both would be a nice thing to have.

Does anyone out here in QB-land have a stand alone that works with both L and Class 15 bobbins. And do you like the one you've got?

Thanks,
    Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Lisa

I have this one from here. It works with my Bernina L bobbins and with the M bobbins for my quilting machine. It woks on my the L bobbins for my multineedle embroidery machine too. Diane has a featherweight, and it works with those bobbins too. Due to the design, it will work with just about anything. Expensive, but flawless. Diane is a quilter herself, and her husband puts her ideas into equipment.
    http://fancyquilt.com/

Any of the online industrial sewing machine dealers would have L-bobbin winders. SewingGold.com is supposed to be really reputable.
    Nobody ever went wrong with kindness.

I use the SIDEWINDER... use L bobbins for Brother sewing & emb machines, and for Elna and Pfaff, and Singer machines. My winder is battery or electric and if it doesn't wind the bobbins full, I just hold the little 'arm' until the bobbin is full. I use thread cones on a stand and run the thread thru the Sidewinder's path. Got mine on ebay for abt $16.00.

Hope Santa finds the perfect one!

I try to keep 3-4 bobbins ready to go but sometimes use pre-wound ones for piecing. You may be able to replace the winder on your machine too.

Duh!!! I realized this morning that the bobbin winder for my HQ Sweet16 which I use every day for M bobbins also works just fine for my PQ1500s L bobbins...

Thanks everyone for responding to my query.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Thanks, Rob! Your inquiry got me looking for a great bobbin winder. I have the same one you do for your Sweet 16 and never thought to try it for my L bobbins.

I use my vintage 301A. It cost me less and does a great job on my Nolting L bobbins.
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price