Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost my fabric and my mind! >

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:38 PM

My solid white hid from me for over a week. Finally looking for the blocks I was going to set together, there underneath it was. Hiding! Hope you find your green soon.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Or you could be like me, and not find it, until one day you look at a quilt, and go, holy crap, T H E R E is that fabric. I couldn't remember using it in another quilt. lol Auntie B in Saskatchewan Canada. Have fun with that, I'm sure it will turn up somewhere !!!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:16 AM

Maybe they will multiply and give you some? :D ;-)
Old 05-06-2011, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by jillaine
ScrappyAZ,

It's with MY dark green fabric (which I likewise cannot find). They're clearly up to no good.
Maybe they will multiply and give you some?
Please disregard last post (have slippery fingers today) ;) :D
Old 05-06-2011, 05:19 AM

Here is my green fabric update. I told my DH that people on this board suggested looking for the fabric in various places around the house, like our linen closet. DH left me a telephone message yesterday saying he looked in the linen closet and found TWO pieces of dark green fabric and he put them on the bed. I thought "Two pieces of fabric? Did I cut the fabric in half?" I was very curious so when I got home from work, I ran to the bedroom, looked on the bed and saw our Christmas tablecloth and a bedsheet for our guest bedroom! I guess I should have been more specific when I said "fabric"!! LOL. Oh well, hubbies....you gotta love 'em.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
Here is my green fabric update. I told my DH that people on this board suggested looking for the fabric in various places around the house, like our linen closet. DH left me a telephone message yesterday saying he looked in the linen closet and found TWO pieces of dark green fabric and he put them on the bed. I thought "Two pieces of fabric? Did I cut the fabric in half?" I was very curious so when I got home from work, I ran to the bedroom, looked on the bed and saw our Christmas tablecloth and a bedsheet for our guest bedroom! I guess I should have been more specific when I said "fabric"!! LOL. Oh well, hubbies....you gotta love 'em.
Too funny! He tried...gotta love him!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by luce321
Don't feel bad, I have done some crazy things too. One morning, many years ago, I made my husband's lunch to take with him to work. Later on in the day when I looked for the loaf of bread to make me a sandwich, I could not for the life of me find it. When my husband came home that day, he told me that I had not only put his sandwich in his duffle bag, but the half loaf of bread along with it. oh me!
Long years ago, I got up at six in the morning, still sound asleep as usual, to make my husband's cheese sandwich lunch. All went as everyday- I thought! He came home and teased me! It turned out that I had not noticed that there was a "new" individual wrapper around each slice, and just popped them in each sandwich. When he took his first bite nothing happened! It didn't bite through! He accused me of doing it on purpose! ....I protested my sound asleep sleepwalking innocence!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 PM

Oh,hon, I know what you are going through. It's there somewhere, just that you can't see it. Keep looking. Also, have you tried praying to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost objects? I am an agnostic, but I do swear by St. Anthony.
St. Anthony, St. Anthony, come around, come around. Something is lost and can't be found. Remind him you are doing this project for someone else and he'll help you. Especially if you go out and buy more green fabric.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:22 PM

If you find your green fabric maybe you can help me find the extra wide backing fabric for my DGD's quilt. I've looked in all the places I keep my fabric but haven't found it yet. Will try praying to St. Anthony - used to work when I was a kid. May in Jersey
Old 05-09-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Toni-in-Texas
Your green fabric is probably with my pattern for my Fractured Texas Flag that I hunted for today. Now I knew exactly where I'd put my pattern, but "someone" must have moved it. Yea, sure..... LOL
This sounds like an interesting pattern. Do you have a link to it or is it a purchased pattern?