Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost my fabric and my mind! >

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AngieS
Originally Posted by missellie
My daughter still enjoys reminding me of a visit she made once to see me. We were leaving the house and when I got to the car, couldn't find my purse - with the car keys inside. I retraced my steps in and out of the house many times; finally she told me to check my shoulder. There was my purse where I had hung it. On my shoulder!
I have searched and searched for my phone....just to realize I'm TALKING ON IT! GRRR! :shock:
YUP!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
Where is my solid dark green fabric? I remember buying it, washing it, ironing it and putting it with the other fabrics for a specific project. Today, I spent over two hours looking for that darn fabric. All the other fabrics are where they should be except for the green. Where did it go? I feel like I've totally lost my mind.
When anything goes that missing - I usually check Money's bed - she is like my little blackbird - everything ends up in her bed
Old 05-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mrspete
Well, I'm glad it is bigger than stockings. My ex husband came home one day after inspection and said the captain stopped and asked, "Chief, what is that crawling out of your trouser leg?" Oh boy, I was in trouble, but I had to hurry to the bathroom to laugh !!! He had no humor. It'll show up, look under the folded towels, or stored curtains, something like that. Blessings, Ruth
well, at least it was a stocking!
My DD's hubby (my SIL), got to work and something was coming out of his pant leg...his pants are knit bc he's a chef...it was a pair of her underwear!!!
When she called me to cry on my shoulder, I was a blubbering mess of laughter...poor dear...with a mother like that! :lol:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annya
I have put sugar in the fridge once so we all need a break some times. re-think of all the places it might be then go sit down and have a rest some times it will suddenly pop into your head where it real is and it will be there(hopefully) it works for me any way.
I'm wondering where a 5 lb. bag of flour is, right now...maybe I'll look in my fridge!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by millivanillisask
Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
Where is my solid dark green fabric? I remember buying it, washing it, ironing it and putting it with the other fabrics for a specific project. Today, I spent over two hours looking for that darn fabric. All the other fabrics are where they should be except for the green. Where did it go? I feel like I've totally lost my mind.
Pray to St.Athony :shock:
St. Anthony is also my 'go-to' when I need help finding something!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Couldn't find my jeans for 2-3 weeks. Finally found them in the denim quilt I had just made. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-20-2011, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Couldn't find my jeans for 2-3 weeks. Finally found them in the denim quilt I had just made. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-21-2011, 12:38 PM

Sorry . . . but this makes me feel better. I had cut backing pieces for a king size handpieced quilt a couple of years ago. It was on the table WAITING to be sewn so I could finish the quilt. We were having hardwood put down and I had anticipate the workers starting in another room. They decided they needed to start in the room where the backing was. I remember saying, "Oh, I'll just put it in here . . . everything will have to be cleaned out anyway." To this day, we have never see the pink fabric again. Every closet and every drawer in my house was emptied and cleaned. It is as though it vanished . . . I had bought the cutest print for the backing and still haven't finished the quilt . . . don't have enough of the fabric left to cut more and can't stand the thoughts of using anything else. But it helps to know that I am not the only one that has stuff disappear! LOL
Old 05-21-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by sistermadge
Sorry . . . but this makes me feel better. I had cut backing pieces for a king size handpieced quilt a couple of years ago. It was on the table WAITING to be sewn so I could finish the quilt. We were having hardwood put down and I had anticipate the workers starting in another room. They decided they needed to start in the room where the backing was. I remember saying, "Oh, I'll just put it in here . . . everything will have to be cleaned out anyway." To this day, we have never see the pink fabric again. Every closet and every drawer in my house was emptied and cleaned. It is as though it vanished . . . I had bought the cutest print for the backing and still haven't finished the quilt . . . don't have enough of the fabric left to cut more and can't stand the thoughts of using anything else. But it helps to know that I am not the only one that has stuff disappear! LOL
Maybe one of those workers liked it as much as you did!