Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost my fabric and my mind! >

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 PM

Hi
Since you ironed it are you sure you didn't hang it up with some other clothes or on the back of a door?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
Where is my solid dark green fabric? I remember buying it, washing it, ironing it and putting it with the other fabrics for a specific project. Today, I spent over two hours looking for that darn fabric. All the other fabrics are where they should be except for the green. Where did it go? I feel like I've totally lost my mind.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

(still looking for the black/purple/red plaidish thing I bought a couple weeks ago.)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Originally Posted by Mrs B
Someone posted to pray to St Anthony. Very good idea. This is my prayer to St Anthony when I'm 'Losing my mind'

Prayer to St Anthony patron saint of lost things

Tony, Tony do your stuff
I've looked and looked
I've had enough!!!

Usually turns up in the next place I look.
That is SOOO good. Can I use it?
Sure can Kitsie, works for me
Old 05-01-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
Where is my solid dark green fabric? I remember buying it, washing it, ironing it and putting it with the other fabrics for a specific project. Today, I spent over two hours looking for that darn fabric. All the other fabrics are where they should be except for the green. Where did it go? I feel like I've totally lost my mind.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

(still looking for the black/purple/red plaidish thing I bought a couple weeks ago.)
I actually had a second "lost my mind" moment today. I cut the tone-on-tone green fabric into six strips and took them to the ironing board to iron. I had only five strips! What happened to #6? I looked under the table and on the floor, even accused my poor hubby of taking the strip just make me go crazy. I finally found the missing strip. It was still on the cutting mat, under the ruler. Since both the fabric and cutting mat are green, I didn't see it. Good thing I didn't babysit my grandchildren today because I would have surely lost them too.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:24 PM

You are not the only one ! I swear I spend half my time looking for things ! Some I find, others I don't. It's so annoying.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by jillaine
ScrappyAZ,

It's with MY dark green fabric (which I likewise cannot find). They're clearly up to no good.
LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 AM

I "misplace" items in the house as well. BUT, I really hate it when I can't find my car in a parking lot!! That takes some maneuvering!!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:58 AM

I bought a book a month ago. Looked at it the first night and haven't seen it since.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:04 AM

I call it "treasure hunts". I have them often. There seems to be an evil genie that lives here in the attic, or somewhere, that moves my stuff around and hides things. I won't let him get away with it though, I search and search until I find it, most of the time. On rare occasions, he has done so well that it never shows up again. Don't let this stop you, though, you keep on looking and most likely, you will find it in a most unusual place. Then you will say to self, "Self, what was I thinking"? See, we always blame ourselves and it isn't our fault.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:07 AM

I have decided I have a secret trap door in my purse. I can actually see myself putting something in there and never find it again.