Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt! Can you help? >

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 AM

Don't give up!!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 AM

I've had so much trouble w/UPS, lost items, delivering to the WRONG address and that person actually bringing box to me, late deliveries, etc etc etc. I NEVER use UPS....only FedEX, or last choice the Postal service which is just about as reliable as UPS!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Aw, what a beautiful quilt! I am so sorry it is lost! Hopefully whoever recieves the package is honest and turns it back in, so you get it back!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:42 AM

Did you show them the picture? email it to them?
Did you ask for a signature on delivery?
Did you tell them the possible $ value, even if you did not cover it for that?
I think 10 days is NOT enough, but as someone else said, it might show up later.
I sure hope so!
TELL them it was accepted for the JURIED show and explain if they don't know what that means!
You have to keep at it and make them do something and feel responsible.
Bad PR works. Put an article in a local paper and then send it to them.
UPS is here in Atlanta and we have issues with them all the time. FedEx was better but UPS has better customer service in my experience.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 AM

Hi Janet,
I'm not sure I can add anything new, but I do have a suggestion.
If your quilt was insured for a high $$ amount, use this as intimidation-----call, call, call..Go directly to the director or highest titled person available in the claims department. Tell your story about time and money and stress the insurance value of your soon to be filed claim. Tell them that you want your quilt and not the money and won't quit calling until it's found.
Local people don't have the resources to do the kind of search that the head honcho does (I know since I came from the transportation industry) That director will fine tooth comb the search and pull out all the stops to keep from paying that claim!

I am so sorry you have to go through this and I wish you luck in finding your beautiful artwork.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:10 AM

Your quilt is lovely. I hope you locate it in time for the show. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:22 AM

I would be a little leary on the fact that the package was never scanned, so will they even pay a claim? Is that another reason your not getting any head way here? Are they dragging their feet because they know you have no actual claim as there is no proof of it being received by them? I would demand to talk to the person who was suppose to have scanned it in. He/she would have scanned it in, and then when it gets to the next point, it would have been scanned then. So my thoughts would be..someone between those two would be responsible.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 AM

I am soooo sorry this has happened to you. Will pray that somehow it will show up.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:31 AM

In this age of computers someone has to know where that quilt is, there should be a tracking number on it and it should tell where has been and where it was delivered. I am with everyone else keep calling and bugging everyone at UPS. I hope you get it back it is beautiful and the work you did on it is wonderful. :cry: My daughter had a package deliverd to her once from federal express and she kept forgetting to report it and they tracked it thru the driver as to where he delivered it. So don't give up.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 AM

Do you have a local TV station that looks into things like this. I think one in Baltimore is called WBAL on your side. The one in D C is called 7 on your side. They will investigate how the loss was handled by UPS. I am at a loss as to what else you can do. Keeping fingers crossed you will recover the quilt.