Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: lost quilt

Some of you may remember Sara's Happy Quilt that I posted photos of a few weeks back. I also posted photo of Sara in a quilted jacket I made for her last year. Well Ladies, If any of you have a praying nature, I sure would appreciate it. I mailed the quilt a week ago, Priority Mail. According to the tracking it was delivered on Saturday at 10 am... I had the house number wrong by one digit!! The quilt never got to Sara!! Pray hard that someone will do the right thing and return it to me or track down 1731 Bollinger Rd, not 1730. I can't imagine I could live across the street from someone and not give them a mis-delivered package!!!!

sara
    Name:  Attachment-104437.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  151.0 KB

Blog Entries
    oh no, hopefully you can track down who lives there and tell them where it is suppose to go, good luck!

Your in my prayers...Terrible thing to happen...

Jeannie,

Sorry to hear of your plight. Just an idea. . . why not just send a letter to the same address and request your wishes to the recipient. . . maybe they would be happy to comply. Best of luck. Brenda C

np3
    Blog Entries
    Here is praying for the best. Good luck.

Why wouldn't the person you sent it to knock on the door of the neighbor and ask about it?

I had something that was to be delivered and wasn't. The PO had it listed as "delivered"....a week later it was returned to the sender. I'm praying that's what's happening.

How frustating. I hope it is found soon.
    This reminds me of when I ordered something from a craft catalog years ago (before the internet and easier parcel tracking). It was shipped UPS, but never arrived at my house. I called the local UPS office and was told it was left at the door of the porch on the side of the house. Well, my house did not have a side porch, but my neighbor's did. I did not know the neighbors (we were fairly new to the neighborhood), but went to their house and asked. They said: "Oh yeah, we got this package for you the other day. It's sitting here on the kitchen counter"! Argh...
    Maybe it's worth checking with the neighbors....

Blog Entries
    Their keeping your mail is a federal offense. Go to the Post Office and file on this, and they will follow up on it.

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking positive. The quilt will come back to you. Have faith.

Blog Entries
    maybe you should send a second item to the incorrect address; a note telling the mistake and where it should go. the neighbors may not know sara is across the street; try telling them.
    we will all keep our fingers crossed and keep a prayer going it all goes ok. postal errors are ......so frustrating!

Power Poster
    Hope everything turns out right. How awful. Keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    maybe you should send a second item to the incorrect address; a note telling the mistake and where it should go. the neighbors may not know sara is across the street; try telling them.
    we will all keep our fingers crossed and keep a prayer going it all goes ok. postal errors are ......so frustrating!
    In any case, the person who kept the quilt knows it is not their quilt.
    They should at the very least have told the Post Office that they got the wrong mail, and sent it back.

Praying it comes back to you.

Aw, hope the person who gets it will return it! Sometimes I get mail for the people over 1 road, and I always leave it in the box for the mail lady to pick up!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry. I do hope and pray it gets returned. You worked so hard on it for Sara. Fingers crossed.

Have they gone there and asked for it?

We have had multiple problems with items taking a long time or not showing up. One time it was a tthe postal office for weeks another time it was an apartment address and the apartment complex apparently has a holding box or something. So the postal did deliver them a key but the people did not know what to do with it. After that was figured out they got the package.

Blog Entries
    Oh that is awful!! But, I too would be going door to door. I have wrong mail left here all the time, and while the mail man should know my name, we often have substitutes . I don't know all my neighbors anymore, so I just give the mail back to the carrier the next day. I sure hope it shows up and Sara gets her quilt, nothing can replace that.

Good Luck!
    Many years ago when we first bought our house my cousin sent me 2 real nice afgans that my late aunt had made. She was dividing up her moms things to give to family members. She forgot we had moved and sent them by UPS to our old address. I went to the old house and the family told me they hadn't seen them. I had to go back 2 more times, UPS told me the box had been left there, before the people finally admitted they had them. And they were very hateful about giving them to me, it was obvious they wanted to keep them, as the box was opened and the afgans appeared to have been thrown back into it.
    A lot of people think handmade things are a waste of time, but you notice if they get something like that they don't want to give it up!

If you really want to contact the people who live at that address, you could check the county real estate tax rolls for that address. In most states, if not all, it shows the name of the owner of the property. (That may or may not be helpful if it is leased.) Once you have the name, you could send a letter with the person's name on it or you may be able to find their telephone number in the online white pages. If you send the letter with their name on the envelope, they may be more likely to open it than if you just send it without a name. Also, if you know their name, they may be more likely to return or deliver the quilt to the rightful owner.

I do hope Sara's quilt makes it home to the correct address. Everyone has given you VERY helpful information as to what you can do. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep us informed what develops.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Jeannie, there may not be a 1731- maybe it will come back to you. Please keep us posted.

If you had a tracking number on it the post office has to find the package and return it to you. You need to get in contact with your post office of the mistake in the address and tell them the correct address. The post office has to look into things like this and have the right to search the persons home for the misdelivered package. The post office is very slow when it comes to these situations. Should just go over to the neighbor and ask if the package is there. If they deny it then they have stolen the quilt. If you insured the package the post office has to pay you for the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by quilting.addict
    Some of you may remember Sara's Happy Quilt that I posted photos of a few weeks back. I also posted photo of Sara in a quilted jacket I made for her last year. Well Ladies, If any of you have a praying nature, I sure would appreciate it. I mailed the quilt a week ago, Priority Mail. According to the tracking it was delivered on Saturday at 10 am... I had the house number wrong by one digit!! The quilt never got to Sara!! Pray hard that someone will do the right thing and return it to me or track down 1731 Bollinger Rd, not 1730. I can't imagine I could live across the street from someone and not give them a mis-delivered package!!!!
    This happens all the time between me and my neighbors. Our house number is 20890 and theirs is 20980. Sometimes (on both sides of the equation) people get busy and it takes them a couple of days to redeliver the package. Eventually, it gets there. Hopefully, the same thing will happen in this case.

Does she know her neighbors? Can she approach them about this?

you can have the delivery person go back and P/U the package that was delivered to wrong address. It is too bad that that there are dishonest people that take from others. They should be ashamed fo themselves.

Blog Entries
    Ultimately it is the responsibility of the Post Office.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast