Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: lost quilt

Tell Sara to walk across the street to that address and inquire about the quilt.

Blog Entries
    That is the best memory.

Cookie

Quote Originally Posted by grannypat7925
    Tell Sara to walk across the street to that address and inquire about the quilt.
    Granny Pat,
    We don't care where the quilt has been...it reached it's real destination in Sara's arms!! :P

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful video of your beautiful grandchildren. It brought joyful tears to my eyes to see her joy and delight at the site of what grandma had made for her. There's nothing better in the world than that. Priceless, yes, you're right. Grandma you've been blessed with a beautiful and loving family. How neat that everyone was gathered around and all showing their appreciation for your work. Thanks for starting my day off to such a bright start!!!!!

Have a great day.

Kandy

You could do a reverse address check on the internet to get their phone number. Give them a call and explain what happened. They might be away on holidays or something and don't even realize what happened. Here's hoping you can get it all straightened out.

I am so VERY sorry that happened.
    I will pray for safe return.

Wonderful news. glad it was returned you were very lucky.

I had a package sent to me once, my address is 412, but they delivered it to 421. The people were on vacation, and I did finally get it about two weeks after I should have. So hopefully Sara has an honest neighbor that just hasn't had time to get it to her. Especially if her name is on it.

Just saw the post, glad it's where it's supposed to be.

Is someone able to get the quilt from the neighbours house for Sara?

Oh It arrived? Perhaps the neighbour reads this forum!

Blog Entries
    It is my thoughts too, that writing to the other address and explain the error of addressing the package and if they received it to give it to the neighbor or mail it back to you. Could'nt hurt ... So sorry this has happened. Do you think that the person you sent it to could ask them if they by chance got a package that was meant for her???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan8
    Ohhhhh wonderful.. I did not read all the comments :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan8
    What a funny line, Rowan!!! I still like to think it was the collective power of thoughts and prayers!! I hope you all watched the video of her opening the box with the quilt in it. I posted the website in an earlier post today!!

Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    It is my thoughts too, that writing to the other address and explain the error of addressing the package and if they received it to give it to the neighbor or mail it back to you. Could'nt hurt ... So sorry this has happened. Do you think that the person you sent it to could ask them if they by chance got a package that was meant for her???
    Rose of Sharon, Sara lives in Westminster, MD!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilting.addict
    Ok folks!! You've gone this far with my little saga. Click on this link and you can see a one minute video. THIS is why we spend so much time quilting!!!! If a picture is worth a 1000 words, imagine what this video is worth!! PRICELESS!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFOCpTJOwwU
    Oh how special to have it on camera! She just loved the quilt ....... Great keepsake for her and for you !!

I just loved Sara's little happy dance while looking at her quilt! Priceless!

You are in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Cut the mailman a break he did his job. It went where you addressed it. We are not mind readers How long has Sara lived there and the neighbors for that matter. It is hard not to blame them but we try very hard to get it right every time. Drop a note to the neighbors or get Sara to cross the street. Sorry long day with lots of junk mail haha

I had that happen with a quilt I ordered from Qverstock.com ( this was a few years back before I quilted) Overstock sent me another but I was so dissapointed that someone would keep something obviously not meant for them.

I am so glad Sara got her quilt. I really felt for you because I mailed a QOV to a solder in San Antonio in Jan and still don't know if he received it. I had entered it in a contest and won 3rd place, after it hung in the library here for a month I mailed it to him in the military hospital there. The PO said it was delivered to him, but don't know for sure. I think he would have at least let me know it arrived. I sent two notes to the same address afterwards and still have heard nothing. So am hoping and praying it at least got to him. He was keeping up by posting on Caring Bridge regularly so thought he would mention getting it. Here's hoping I get as lucky as you. All prayers welcome. Jean Louisiana

the quilt is great and so is the video!!

The same thing has happened in our family twice. Once to a neice at the college dorm and just this last year to my daughter in North Carolina.
    I will not mail quilts, etc. I do believe there is a system where the post office will hold it and the person receiving the quilt goes there and signs a paper.
    I wonder how effective this is?

Congratulations. I'm glad it was located.

why doesnt sara go to the address and ask them for it ? or maybe the carrier you used could?

i sure hope you get it to the sender

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast