Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: LQS is Moving Closer to My House!

LQS is Moving Closer to My House!

While I've been mostly using fabrics from my stash and what I buy at the Intl Quilt Festival every year for my work, I'm still excited that a LQS is moving very close to my house. I've used this shop before to add to fabrics from my stash and pick up a few new and interesting things because I could get there and back in the space of my lunch time (which I usually expand to an hour and a half). Now they are moving about 5 miles from my house! I'm so excited to have somewhere that I can run out and pick up something I need. Right now, I used the JoAnn's which is about 1/4 mile from me to pick up some things but I rarely find much fabric there that I like. So now I'll have somewhere to go for fabric, too!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Lucky you! The closest real quilt shops to me are over an hour away in opposite directions.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Lucky you. There is no LQS that I can reach by the local bus route. Buying most of the fabrics I need to finish a project online. It is hard not driving. You give up a lot of independence when that happens.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    Lucky you. There is no LQS that I can reach by the local bus route. Buying most of the fabrics I need to finish a project online. It is hard not driving. You give up a lot of independence when that happens.
    Oh, yes, you definitely would. I see that you are in So Cal. I grew up there and most things are oriented towards driving to get to them. I'm in the suburbs of Houston now and it's the same here. Its hard to get to places if you don't drive.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I'm within 10-15 minutes of LQSs. I don't know what I would do if I had to go much further. Not used to it. Happy for you. Makes a difference.

A mixed Blessing in that. Still, a Blessing.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

I am so lucky where I live; I am close to everything I need. When I moved to this area there wasn't any thought about the stores being close by. We were looking for a newer, but established neighborhood and a house with a big garage and yard. We ended up on the borderline of two cities that basically had merged into one another.

There is nothing I need on a regular basis that isn't within 15 driving minutes of my house and most places are less than ten minutes. This includes the doctor and dentist, both 5 minutes away. There are two hospitals within 15 minutes. Also, a major shopping center within 15 minutes with a smaller one within 5 minutes (more like 3 minutes). And to top it off there is a Joanns and LQS within 5 minutes.
    June

I visit in the Houston/Conroe area a good bit. I'm wondering which LQS is moving and to where.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

How wonderful for you. We live in the middle of a national forest and getting to a quilt shop that has anything is an hour and a half drive. I wish something was closer to me.
    --- Jean

jdquilts123.blogspot.com

that is great, I have two QS near by, one open just a week ago, wish I was still working and making extra $ to buy fabric

Congrats! Although closer can be more dangerous on your wallet!

I'm lucky too, I have two LQS's less than a mile of home, one is only 2 blocks and I walk over! Guess it's the good part about living in an Amish community!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
    While I've been mostly using fabrics from my stash and what I buy at the Intl Quilt Festival every year for my work, I'm still excited that a LQS is moving very close to my house. I've used this shop before to add to fabrics from my stash and pick up a few new and interesting things because I could get there and back in the space of my lunch time (which I usually expand to an hour and a half). Now they are moving about 5 miles from my house! I'm so excited to have somewhere that I can run out and pick up something I need. Right now, I used the JoAnn's which is about 1/4 mile from me to pick up some things but I rarely find much fabric there that I like. So now I'll have somewhere to go for fabric, too!
    where is this LQS? I live in Spring.