Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
machine quilting not on long arms. >

machine quilting not on long arms.

machine quilting not on long arms.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:31 AM

I use my Janome 6600P to quilt with no problems. Although, I will say I've only quilted up to a full-sized quilt. Usual problems, handling of quilt.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 AM

Hi everyone. I have the 6600 Janome. Not having any real issues because I am afraid to start on my quilt. Some of my practice pieces have some tension issues. I do find if I can go faster, it works a little better but not tooooo fast either.
I have trouble going to the left on my pattern, my brain just works on one side. Thanks for all the encouragement. Where do I get the golden thread paper? Tisha
Old 01-24-2010, 09:11 AM

Hi I have the blue marked bobbin for my 6600. What is the best brand of thread and weight ? Thanks http://www.quiltingboard.com/compose...opicnum=34942#
Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mysacrifice
I use my Janome 6600P to quilt with no problems. Although, I will say I've only quilted up to a full-sized quilt. Usual problems, handling of quilt.
:lol: I think I will have trouble getting all that fabric to move. That scares me. I am working on a twin size quilt. :mrgreen:tisha
Old 01-24-2010, 12:11 PM

if possible, roll up the quilt from both sides into the center and leave it that way for now. starting in the center, quilt to the inside edge, unrolling as you go. the part under the arm will unroll, giving you less and less bulk. keep going until you finish at that edge.

remove and turn over. reroll. starting from the center, sew to the now-inside edge. keep unrolling as you go.

if you keep a small table to the left of your machine to take the rolled-up part, that will relieve a lot of the weight. other than that, the quilt weigh what it weighs.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:14 PM

there is also a teflon product being sold that you put flat on your table under your needle area. it's very slippery and the quilt slides easily on it, i'm told. i saw it at a show being demonstrated, and it sold very well, so apparently it worked well.