Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine Repair$...

Jim
    this is the exact reason I have a back up machine, I wouldn't want to be without one. I say $119.00 but hope its not

Blog Entries
    I really have no ideal, Im going to guess $35.00 hope that hasnt been guessed yet...LOL

Blog Entries
    since my repair shop charges $80 just for you coming in the door, I'd guess $125.00

It is $75.00 just to walk in the door then add cost of parts and then labor. Might bet as much as $100..... Just a guess.

Junior Member east side quilter's Avatar
    Just had mine fixed. $79.95. for the part. no labor mine was under warenty.

$104

I am guessing $135.90 and I hope that I am very wrong for your sake.

Well on my Brother ULT 2001 it cost about 200 so that is my guess for yours

My shop charges $69 just to drop it off and if not under wrantee (sp) you pay for parts and shipping if they have to order. Currently I have my Janome 350E machine in the shop because the embroidery arm won't retract. So I too am waiting for the 'sticker shock' bill.

Blog Entries
    OK - THIS is why I only own mechanical machines. I'm going to guess $59.95 because there is a local guy around here who comes to your house and fixes your machine for $40 plus parts. I'm betting the thread cutter is simply jammed and I'm also betting that wherever your DH took your baby that they will be fair. Fingers crossed for you ......... let us know!

Blog Entries
    This is my first laugh of the day- "It's been gone three hours and I miss it already'.

My guess is $40.
    Edited to add: Now I have read all of the responses I think I am low. Mine was just in for general service and it came back making a noise. (cost $90 plus tax) I took it back right away. It was something with the "hook" and there was "no charge". This was Byrne's sewing in New Britain, PA. This is my favorite shop.

I feel your pain. I dropped off my machine on Feb.1st and I still haven't got it back! I would think $50.00 would be reasonable.

my guess is $49.50

Lets see, you live in Canada, Im going to say about 125.00 I live about 2 hours from anywhere, so when I need my Bernina serviced the dealer does same day service. I drop it off, go shopping out to lunch, and then back to pick it up. I can't imagine leaving her there!

i'll guess $65.00 just for the service call then plus parts.
    donna

Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus
    Does anyone know how much I should expect to spend on getting the automatic thread cutter fixed on my machine? Any guesses? want to make a guess and I will send a prize to the person who comes the closest! IS that allowed here?

It is not working. Sounds like it is working but nothing moves inside.
    I have the same problem occasionally. I have found that I can fix it myself by cleaning out the bobbin area. I don't mean just the bobbin case itself, but actually taking out the bobbin, the bobbin race, and opening up that area of the machine so I can get out any and all small pieces of thread/lint, etc., that is clogging the machine. Sometimes the problem is thread getting under the threadcutter and jamming it. Easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    I hope you get her back soon! I donít know what the price on this would be. So Iíll take a wild guess and say $25.
    Can you send me the name of your repairman? I can't even walk into the store for less than $35. Annual maintenance on my old mechanical machine was $120. I am afraid to take my new computerized machine in. It will probably be twice that.

Just got my serger back from being serviced(cleaned, oiled, and adjusted) and it was $65.00.

Well since I am here I am going to guess at least 135.00. Not really sure as my Berninia doesn't have an automatic thread cutter and never had to have it fixed. But to have my machine serviced here it is at least 69.00 or maybe more now. Hope it really isn't that much though. Jennifer

guessing here at 58.00............hmmmm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnmore
    Sorry,

I believe my repairman said something about my part would be $90, and if you have someone look at it and put that part in . . . Maybe,it would be a small extra fee and even it out to $100.

It would be great if you have a cheaper bill and a quick return! I would miss mine too!

Best of luck!
    I agree in the area of $100. I have a broken machine right now and the estimates Iam getting start at $100 just to look at it not including have to change the part. It's a plastic part probably made in China for a .05 cents and they want to charge 50.

Just have a bad feeling $130. Because of the compyers in them.

I would guess $93 for parts and labor.
    $40 if he finds only lint.
    I hope that it is nothing if he finds lint, becuase he wants you as a future customer. We can only hope.
    Best wishes.
    PS I bought a Janome 3160 with thread cutter for class and back up in case my 6600 gets sick.
    Diana

Blog Entries
    My guess is $38.28

Do we get a prize for the correct cost or repair? LOL I have no clue what it would cost.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast