Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
IS it the machine or the user? >

IS it the machine or the user?

IS it the machine or the user?

Old 08-30-2013, 08:49 AM

Glad to help. Just play around with pushing the reverse button alternating between Q-01 and 1-01 stitches. You will be able to remember after that. Then play around with several of the stitches and see which ones reverse and which ones don't. Most of the Q- stitches stitch in place instead of reverse.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

Glad you got it figured out.

Actually, your post kind of made my day!

If even the ones I know are intelligent get stuck now and then - I feel ever so much better about when I have a problem figuring something out!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I know how to sew backwards with my machine. Now if I could only get it to unsew.
There you go! Lol! Wouldn't we all line up for a machine with THAT feature!!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I know how to sew backwards with my machine. Now if I could only get it to unsew.
Tee hee! You made my day!
Old 08-31-2013, 04:58 AM

I too have a BL and tried old fashion back stitch the other day and had the same problem....and read the manual too and realized that little " trick" and I do not like that.... If I want to back stitch I should be able too! I guess another reason I do NOT like this machine and will be shopping at our county fair coming up......think I will go back to Viking....
Old 08-31-2013, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I feel decidedly stupid at the moment. This week I realized that I don't know how to sew backwards with my machine. Can you believe it? I've had the Baby Lock Espire for quite a few years and most of the time, I set the tie-off button which is activated by touching the reverse button. This week I tried to do some backwards tie-off and it didn't work. I even got the manual out (and you all know how bad things must be for that to happen) but I can't figure out how to sew backwards with my machine. Have I really never had to sew backwards in all those years?

If anyone has any suggestions.......
I have a Baby Lock Ellisimo and they are only two or three stitches that can sew backward. I think they are straight stitch 3 and maybe one of the zig zag stitches.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

It worked!!!! YEAH! Thanks a lot. Stitches that have a III above them tie off and stitches that have a dot above them go backwards. I am so happy. Now I have to look for reasons to go backwards.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:19 AM

LOL - happy backwards stitching!

I have never bothered to learn how to sew sideways. I know this machine does that but the only time I think I would need it is quilting the sandwich and not piecing and my machine gets cantankerous when quilting. My Juki does not care how thick the sandwich is, it will keep even stitch lengths but not my Babylock and the Babylock cost a whole lot more than the Juki.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:10 PM

Geri B,
Cant go wrong with the Viking. I'm excited to see what all they are bringing out in Sept.