Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mailing Option >

Mailing Option

Mailing Option

Old 10-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

AWESOME tip! I never heard of them, either. Thank you!!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by shequilts
Just adding to this message. I bought 12 9x13, Tyvek expandable envelopes for just pennies over 12.00. Slightly more than 1.00 per envelope. I found them at Office Max. but any office supply would have them. I actually tried to tear one and could not. The ones at the post office are not free. The priority boxes are, but not these envelopes. In fact, I didn't see any quite like these at the post office. This will be my way of mailing from now on. I like to save a buck where I can.

FYI: I added Tape to the self sticking tape. (Just in case)
I was able to get 11 full yards of fabric inside and could probable have gotten one or two more.

You may need to check at the post office again. I retired a year ago and the tyvek priority envelopes were free then. I had several customers that used them for e-bay and I supplied them with both boxes and tyvek envelopes. Sometimes they are out of stock and/or have limited supplies of the Tyvek envelopes. You can order them delivered for free too. Important to understand - priority rates apply, to the free ones. The plain ones are sold and the rates for mailing can be less. --- I agree with extra tape. Sometimes the adhesive provided is not enough, especially when the package is stuffed.

Originally Posted by shequilts
I found out today from a reader on this board about using the Tyvek envelopes for posting. Welll! Talk about a big difference in postage. I posted a package to Canada for $10.00 less than it would cost to use the USPS priority mail box. I had no idea this was an option. :oops:
Many of you already know this, but I'm posting for those of us who just weren't that savvy. Postage saved is money for mre fabric!
Karen :thumbup: