Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Mary Jo's Fabric Store >
  • Mary Jo's Fabric Store

• Mary Jo's Fabric Store

Old 02-27-2013, 05:53 PM

I haven't ever been able to get of that store in under 5 hours. I even took a lunch break and went back.
    Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
    I haven't ever been able to get of that store in under 5 hours. I even took a lunch break and went back.
    All I can say is "WOW"!!!!!!
    Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 PM

A quilting friend used to go there when she would visit her daughter. She would come back with so many goodies and lots of stories.
    Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM

Fay, thank you for sharing that story about your husband! What a sweetie, to know you just so -- and come get you. You were sad at the end, and I am thinking you are by yourself now. =( grief is just awful, and I hate it for you. But I am really glad that you told us that. I loved it, it made me cry too!! =))
    Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by faykilgore
    It's one of my favorite memories of him. Now when I visit Mary Jo's, I take a moment to remember him meeting me there. Okay, crying now, but just wanted to share that.
    Me too! What a wonderful wonderful memory!!!
    Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 PM

I remember going to Mary Jo's about 20 years ago for the first time. This was before the internet was very prevalent but my DH, being a computer programmer, made us the earliest adopters of everything. Anyhow, I'd heard online about this amazing store in NC. We took a 10 day vacation in the south (with four kids ages 1-7) and stayed somewhere different every night. I dragged us way out of our way to go to Mary Jo's and my DH took the kids to get something to eat. I loved it and never expected to get back which almost made me wish I'd never been there to begin with (almost!). Now I live an hour from MJ's and go often. I'll never forget what it looked like to me the first time.
    Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by faykilgore
    Mary Jo's is awesome, but I have a special memory of that store. After a week long motorcycle trip through W.V. Mary Jo's was my last stop on my way back home to Atlanta. I was hot and exhausted, but not enough to forgo Mary Jo's. My husband called while I was in the store. I had told him I planned to spend the night in Gastonia, but I just wanted to be home. It was another 5 hours. I walked out of the store with my wonderful purchases, trying to figure out where I was going to add them to an already overloaded motorcycle. My husband was sitting in the parking lot in his pickup, with the ramps. We loaded the bike, I stripped off the hot leather and rode home with my feet in front of the air conditioner vent. It's one of my favorite memories of him. Now when I visit Mary Jo's, I take a moment to remember him meeting me there. Okay, crying now, but just wanted to share that.
    What a wonderful story and he must have been a very special man to do that for you. HUGS!
    Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM

I'm smiling just thinking of the place. Once the weather breaks, I'm taking a road trip. It's the only quilt store I've ever been to that has a waiting lounge so those who don't want to shop for fabric can wait inside while the rest shop. A destination fabric store! Are there others?
    Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 PM

she also cut my fabric last year . Am planing on going this year too
    Originally Posted by tatavw01
    I had Mary Jo cut my fabric last year!!! what an honor.
    Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 AM

I too like others who have had the Mary Jo's exprience can say it was awesome. It was like being a child in a candy store. Well worth the trip.