Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Measure Your Order? >

Measure Your Order?

Measure Your Order?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

i have been ordering from fabric.com for over 10 years now; over that 10+ years there have been 3 times when there has been a problem and they were very good and fast about fixing it (once had to recut and send fabric, once i got a totally different fabric than i had ordered, they let me keep it and sent me what i was supposed to get; and once they had to give me a refund.) all three times they were very good about fixing it and i don't think 3 times in over 10 years is too bad of a track record. I have learned over the years to always check my order when it arrives regardless of where it comes from. i've been shorted much more often from a local shop than ever from on line.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Kas

Dang. I always seem to find out I didn't get charged for something! It usually happens at a lqs. So I have to make another trip (if I want my punchcard punched) to the store. I can't not pay for it. Even if they don't know, I do.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

I kind of eye ball but I have had more issues with poorly cut FQ or 1 yard cuts that were not 1 yard. Also one time they send me two cuts instead of one continuous. I did send that back. I do try and look when they are cutting in the store. I think you are right. Better double check when your order come sin and contact them right aways when there is an issue.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

:oops: Nope have never measured :oops: Bit at the moment not buying fabric but will keep this in the back of my mind for the future :thumbup:
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by The Quilt Gypsy
I received 11 cuts of fabric from fabric.com yesterday. They sent the wrong fabric on one cut. I called them and they said keep the fabric and they will send me the correct fabric. I thought that was very fair. I'm so sorry that they don't have your fabric. And thanks for the heads up...I will measure from now on!
I got my order yesterday too. I also had one cut of fabric that was wrong. I guess I should call them. I did not measure, maybe I should do that too. I did refold everything and it looked right as far as eyeballing it.
Overall I was happy, I got 20 yards of fabric for $56 came to about $2.80 a yard including tax.
And you got this bargain from where????
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by The Quilt Gypsy
I received 11 cuts of fabric from fabric.com yesterday. They sent the wrong fabric on one cut. I called them and they said keep the fabric and they will send me the correct fabric. I thought that was very fair. I'm so sorry that they don't have your fabric. And thanks for the heads up...I will measure from now on!
I got my order yesterday too. I also had one cut of fabric that was wrong. I guess I should call them. I did not measure, maybe I should do that too. I did refold everything and it looked right as far as eyeballing it.

And you got this bargain from where????

Fabric.com, their $3.98 sale plus a coupon for 20% off and free shipping over $30 or something like that.
Overall I was happy, I got 20 yards of fabric for $56 came to about $2.80 a yard including tax.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:19 AM

yes, i always measure the fabric from my orders
Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 PM

where do you find coupons for online ? I always see a place to enter codes , etc. But don't know where to find them.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I ordered 10 different fabric cuts of Benartex's Mayfair line from fabric.com. When it arrived, I checked to see that all the cuts were there, then threw them into the washing machine.

As I started cutting the pieces for the quilt, I found they had shorted me 1 yard on one fabric :thumbdown: I NEVER thought to measure the fabric when I got it. Do you?

Now fabric.com is out of the one I need :cry: They did, however, refund the total for that cut - so I got one yard free, but now have to go searching for another yard.

Lesson learned.
I just got an order from them today, and for the first time ever in using fabric.com for close to 10 years, they sent me one wrong fabric. I ordered dish towel fabric and got the right length in a quilting fabric that is no where near dish towel fabric. I figure it is vacation time and their help is somewhat lacking. I am not going to return it, though. If they are short on a piece they usually e-mail me asking if they should send what they have. I have never had a problem before. They claim to have a 37" yard; have measured some but not all.
I had to laugh at your comment "it is vacation time" ...I work in a hospital pharmacy. No matter how many are off on vacation, I STILL have to mix IV's correctly, and dispense the correct medications. NO EXCUSES! At times I feel like when I get poor customer service to say to them: "If I did my job like you are doing yours, people could DIE. I have to be accurate, why don't you??"
Old 08-04-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I ordered 10 different fabric cuts of Benartex's Mayfair line from fabric.com. When it arrived, I checked to see that all the cuts were there, then threw them into the washing machine.

As I started cutting the pieces for the quilt, I found they had shorted me 1 yard on one fabric :thumbdown: I NEVER thought to measure the fabric when I got it. Do you?

Now fabric.com is out of the one I need :cry: They did, however, refund the total for that cut - so I got one yard free, but now have to go searching for another yard.

Lesson learned.
I just got an order from them today, and for the first time ever in using fabric.com for close to 10 years, they sent me one wrong fabric. I ordered dish towel fabric and got the right length in a quilting fabric that is no where near dish towel fabric. I figure it is vacation time and their help is somewhat lacking. I am not going to return it, though. If they are short on a piece they usually e-mail me asking if they should send what they have. I have never had a problem before. They claim to have a 37" yard; have measured some but not all.
I had to laugh at your comment "it is vacation time" ...I work in a hospital pharmacy. No matter how many are off on vacation, I STILL have to mix IV's correctly, and dispense the correct medications. NO EXCUSES! At times I feel like when I get poor customer service to say to them: "If I did my job like you are doing yours, people could DIE. I have to be accurate, why don't you??"
Sadly, you're right. I used to work for a dentist as his assistant, but in the summer sometimes I had to work as the office manager too, and I know I didn't do things quite as good as her, since I didn't do it every day. I only meant that someone was put where he or she didn't want to be or maybe wasn't qualified enough to do, and just didn't take the care he or she should have.