Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Retreat, time to get serious

Sounds like you worked out a great deal.

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    I just checked and it would be an 18 hr drive from southern Pennsylvania. I'll have to do some serious thinking about this. I would have to figure out someone to watch the kids while hubby works, too. Or keep them while me and hubby drive to KS.

Anyone else from the northern east coast going?

I'm kinda close to HMK on the West Coast.... I better go look at a map a little closer, but I'm pretty sure, as exciting as this sounds, that it's a little too far for me at the moment. 2010 BC is hosting the Olympic Games, not that it will affect me personally too much, but if you're thinking of doing a West Coast Retreat .... you may have to figure in the rise in costs that seem to happen when the games arrive in any given area.

Hmmm.... just looked at the map, guess I'd better wait until you plan a West Coast one.... BUT..... I really really hope you can pull this one together, as it just sounds like such a wonderful opportunity & a great price as well. I have been to quite a few retreats, usually for the weekend... our guild one here in Canada costs $275 we arrive at 4 pm Fri and leave at 2 pm Sunday and there is no scheduled classes, just do your own thing.

Blog Entries
    I just know ya'll are going to have a great time. :lol: :lol: ..wish I could join you...maybe sometime.. :cry:

OK, I can get to Wichta, Kansas. Will there be a van/bus to take us to Stafford??

Wow, I would love to go, but my son is getting married on the 20th in Rhode Island. Maybe next time.

I sew want to go!!! I am more afraid of not knowing anyone. I mean I love everyone on here, but I get shy in real life!! Anyone else like that??

I am seriously thinking of this though. I will give an answer in the next little while.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingTurtle
    I sew want to go!!! I am more afraid of not knowing anyone. I mean I love everyone on here, but I get shy in real life!! Anyone else like that??

I am seriously thinking of this though. I will give an answer in the next little while.
    I won't know anyone either!! But that's part of the fun :!:

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quilting Turtle, your shyness wouldn't last long around such a great bunch of people...trust me. I'm usually shy, also, but when I met Judy, I felt so comfortable with her, you would have thought we had known each other for a long time!!! So, come on over, if you can and have a great time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingTurtle

I used to be a very shy person, so I know of what you speak.

And, I am going to try to encourage you to come ahead. This is a small venue and a lot of the activities are on a one on one basis...and dinner is at regular dining room tables with just 4-6 people at a table.. very easy to get around. And I will have some helpers along with the Inn Keeper to attend to your every need.

Judy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    OK, I can get to Wichta, Kansas. Will there be a van/bus to take us to Stafford??
    Keep in touch with me as you make plans. We will try to coordinate rides so that you can share a ride from Wichita to Stafford.

Blog Entries
    Would love to go but I just checked out the Air fare from Mass to Kansas. Way out of my reach on my buget. Sorry. I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Not in the mood for a LOOOOONG road trip??
    Did you check flights to Kansas City, Or Oklahoma? You could rent a car from there and drive about 3 hours...
    I know, a long trip, but we are worth it!! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Would love to go but I just checked out the Air fare from Mass to Kansas. Way out of my reach on my buget. Sorry. I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    we could collect all us New Englanders and make a great roadtrip. Kind of a party before the vacation type thing :mrgreen:

You lucky people, enjoy the retreat. And remember to keep those of us who will be with you in spirit in mind. Keep us "posted" on everthing that you do. And remember pictures, pictures, pictures.

Oh my gosh I am just reading along with this post and a wishing....
    However, I am going to start saving for 2010..... it would be lovely, I have only been to America once and I loved it. I am one of those shop till ya drop kinda person and I came back with an extra case LOL Boy, just think of all that lovely squishy fabric I could bring back.

Elle

Banned
    OK, I have updated the dates and the dates that the deposit is required
    Please check that over before you make your decisions.

This is an evolving plan as I learn more about the B&B requirements

I would love to come. I am little worried about being in a group of ladies, I haven't met before, I haven't ever done this type of thing before. Its time to get out of the comfort zone, I am going to be coming. Once I send payment there will be no backing out.

Thank you for organizing this, I know it takes tons of time and energy!! :D

I do need to know where to schedule the flight to.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzleMe!
    I would love to come. I am little worried about being in a group of ladies, I haven't met before, I haven't ever done this type of thing before. Its time to get out of the comfort zone, I am going to be coming. Once I send payment there will be no backing out.

Thank you for organizing this, I know it takes tons of time and energy!! :D

I do need to know where to schedule the flight to.
    The closest airport is Wichita, Kansas.

Go ahead and check out the flights, but dont commit to anything until you hear from me that all the stars have alligned.

The reason is that the plans are still preliminary.. and we have not reached the minimum number ...I will keep you posted

JStitch I am glad to see we have more time to decide. I too have to see if the stars align from my side (money and time off work) in order to go!

You are doing a fabulous job!! I hope you get enough people to go!

It sounds like a great time. I don't think I can get that week off of work, I missed 3 1/2 mos of work this spring and summer because of surgery and have a couple things going on in June and July next year. Maybe sometime in the future we can have one on this side of the Rockies

My husband and I have discussed this and:

COUNT ME IN :!: :!:

Let me know when you need the deposit.

I'm really bummed. I really wanted to attend because it is only about a 4.5 hour drive for me but I already have plans to be in Jamaica that week. I hope everyone has a blast. I'll be thinking of you all.

Count me in. My only problem is you are only allowed one check in bag flying out of Key West because of the short runway. Will the B and B let me ship a box to them to arrive a day or so before I get there? I'll have to come without a sewing machine. I'm afraid to ship it.

Deb

Banned
    I would say, why dont you ship it to me and I bring it over.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast