Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a serious problem.

I really dont know what is wrong with me. I have been working...not so diligently however...on sorting my stash...cleaning up scraps. All so I can get my sewing room set up. The more I unpack...refold....sort, the more I cannot believe all the wonderful fabrics I have managed to collect. Now for the problem...I am having a terrible time getting rid of anything. I have been getting scraps together for ladies on here I offered some to...but I have way more then I need and I dont want to part with anything. WORSE is what happened just today. I wandered into the LQS.....found a "have to have" line of fabric and bought some!!!! What the heck is wrong with me????

Banned
    Cuz you have a case of the "never can have enoughs"...how many of us on here have that??? :)

Quote Originally Posted by BKinCO
    Cuz you have a case of the "never can have enoughs"...how many of us on here have that??? :)
    LOL Is there a cure?? Or should I just resign myself to it and get more storage??

"What the heck is wrong with me????

You have a serious case of the "clothfiend" - no one's found a cure for it yet, but it's easily treatable with periodic doses of fabric.

Guess I have to ask a dumb question, what's the problem? :wink:

I'm trying- very hard- not to buy more fabric until I make a dent in what I have.

To help- I've been going through my stash and pulling fabrics for the projects I promised this year. And- giving some away to some people here on the board.

I'm organizing as I go and was pleasantly surpised that 2 tubs are about 1/4 empty. Progress!

Now to keep myself off the internet shopping sites!

just so you know far I still have to go- that equates to 1 tub 1/2 full. I have 15 tubs of fabric.

Put that way- I still have a loooong way to go.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is wrong with you. We fall in love with a particular print and even when the last bit is too small to use, we have difficulty parting with it. I think back to when I bought some and how much it cost. There can be many reasons for wanting to hang onto it. It is human nature.

There is nothing wrong. You are only playing the "Quilter's Game of Life". The only rule to the game is - "She/He who dies with the most fabric wins". Enjoy the game, as long as it lasts. And we hope it lasts a long time for you. :-D

I know what you mean. I'm a newbie to quilting but have scrapbooked for many years. With scrapbooking, you can never have enough paper but to my surprise, when I started quilting I realized you can never have enough fabric. I guess I just exchanged one addiction for another!!

Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Yeap. My question as well. :thumbup: If you figure it out let us know. I don't think they have AA for us quilters.

You're a fabric addict like the rest of us. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    I don't see a problem either! :lol: :lol:

Well, I'd really like to help...so, I'm going to suggest that you start sewing..sewing and sewing... now, that was simple, wasn't it? LOL Seriously, you should have sought advice BEFORE you started diggin' into those treasure chest tubs of woven gold. Sometimes they are better left just as they are until a need becomes VERY apparent...as in, the lqs closes or the credit cards expired. Perhaps you should have some chocolate...oh, that's something I could actually do for you...yum...feeling better? Smile big!

I've been doing the same thing-going thru and sorting small pieces of fabric. I look at some of it and think: I don't remember this one! Do elves sneak in extra scraps?? Also I found of few that made me think: WHAT was I thinking when I bought this??
    Do either of these things happen to any of you or am I just the only nut here? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    I've been doing the same thing-going thru and sorting small pieces of fabric. I look at some of it and think: I don't remember this one! Do elves sneak in extra scraps?? Also I found of few that made me think: WHAT was I thinking when I bought this??
    Do either of these things happen to any of you or am I just the only nut here? LOL
    Ha. I just went through cleaning my sewing room and yes I must be a nut too. :thumbup:

Hey, every one has something that they love. I just happen to love stacks and stacks, boxes, bins and drawers of fabric!!

LOL... This is great.. I look forward to having my stash of precious fabric.. it is like tangible gold, that we can work with, be creative with and yes an addiction.. but honestly I don't think there is a cure.. and because most of us quilters like our addiction, I don't believe anyone is looking to find a cure anytime soon.. Now if there was a brilliant person that actually designed a cure for our addiction.. Answer honestly.. Would any of us actually take the cure?? Me personally.. NO, NO, and Absolutely NO!!

I am still waiting on the problem part!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KBunn
    I really dont know what is wrong with me. I have been working...not so diligently however...on sorting my stash...cleaning up scraps. All so I can get my sewing room set up. The more I unpack...refold....sort, the more I cannot believe all the wonderful fabrics I have managed to collect. Now for the problem...I am having a terrible time getting rid of anything. I have been getting scraps together for ladies on here I offered some to...but I have way more then I need and I dont want to part with anything. WORSE is what happened just today. I wandered into the LQS.....found a "have to have" line of fabric and bought some!!!! What the heck is wrong with me????
    I don't see anything wrong with you.
    Grab a glass of wine, go pet your stash and repeat....I love my fabric, I love my fabric, I love my fabric........:) :) :)

This is a problem? I LOVE going shopping at home in MY stash when the weather outside is bad. Great time for sewing!

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with you. I think we all feel this way :oops: :oops:

I think it goes along with the hobby. I'm an avid gardener, so when springtime comes along, I will be in the nurseries acquiring more plants I don't need, but it makes my soul smile. The same with fabric shopping. I will spend hours online looking at the different colors and patterns even if I don't have a dime to spend! When I go into hobby lobby or joanns I always check the remnant bins first. I've found some good deals in there. Haven't sewn anything with what I found yet, but one day those fabrics will end up in something that will make someone else happy too.

Blog Entries
    get your self some mouse traps and set them on the table
    This worked for my hubby as our cat would do the same thing. Rember to set the traps it will not take long to break the habit

Blog Entries
    Hi my name is Sharon and I am addicted to fabric :wink: LOL Welcome to the club 8-)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast