Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a serious problem. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-serious-problem-t35250.html)

KBunn 01-27-2010 12:51 PM

I really dont know what is wrong with me. I have been working...not so diligently however...on sorting my stash...cleaning up scraps. All so I can get my sewing room set up. The more I unpack...refold....sort, the more I cannot believe all the wonderful fabrics I have managed to collect. Now for the problem...I am having a terrible time getting rid of anything. I have been getting scraps together for ladies on here I offered some to...but I have way more then I need and I dont want to part with anything. WORSE is what happened just today. I wandered into the LQS.....found a "have to have" line of fabric and bought some!!!! What the heck is wrong with me????

BKinCO 01-27-2010 12:52 PM

Cuz you have a case of the "never can have enoughs"...how many of us on here have that??? :)

KBunn 01-27-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Cuz you have a case of the "never can have enoughs"...how many of us on here have that??? :)

LOL Is there a cure?? Or should I just resign myself to it and get more storage??

Clothfiend 01-27-2010 12:58 PM

"What the heck is wrong with me????

You have a serious case of the "clothfiend" - no one's found a cure for it yet, but it's easily treatable with periodic doses of fabric.

quilt addict 01-27-2010 01:01 PM

Guess I have to ask a dumb question, what's the problem? :wink:

Barbm 01-27-2010 01:01 PM

I'm trying- very hard- not to buy more fabric until I make a dent in what I have.

To help- I've been going through my stash and pulling fabrics for the projects I promised this year. And- giving some away to some people here on the board.

I'm organizing as I go and was pleasantly surpised that 2 tubs are about 1/4 empty. Progress!

Now to keep myself off the internet shopping sites!

Barbm 01-27-2010 01:03 PM

just so you know far I still have to go- that equates to 1 tub 1/2 full. I have 15 tubs of fabric.

Put that way- I still have a loooong way to go.

Boston1954 01-27-2010 01:09 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is wrong with you. We fall in love with a particular print and even when the last bit is too small to use, we have difficulty parting with it. I think back to when I bought some and how much it cost. There can be many reasons for wanting to hang onto it. It is human nature.

mytwopals 01-27-2010 01:43 PM

There is nothing wrong. You are only playing the "Quilter's Game of Life". The only rule to the game is - "She/He who dies with the most fabric wins". Enjoy the game, as long as it lasts. And we hope it lasts a long time for you. :-D

Debo 01-27-2010 02:06 PM

I know what you mean. I'm a newbie to quilting but have scrapbooked for many years. With scrapbooking, you can never have enough paper but to my surprise, when I started quilting I realized you can never have enough fabric. I guess I just exchanged one addiction for another!!