Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a serious problem. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-serious-problem-t35250.html)

csbair 01-30-2010 09:23 AM

I love that we are all alike in this way. You all make me feel normal. Mama Bair

bettyjo 01-30-2010 09:36 AM

hmmm we must have the same strange disease.. I have been trying to "clean" up too and found a wonderful piece that I have had buried for 3 years.. so I went and bought 2 yards of 4 different pieces to go with it.. hmm to get rid of 1 yard of fabric I bought 8 yards.. some how the math is just not right...

Quilter7x 01-30-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by bettyjo
hmmm we must have the same strange disease.. I have been trying to "clean" up too and found a wonderful piece that I have had buried for 3 years.. so I went and bought 2 yards of 4 different pieces to go with it.. hmm to get rid of 1 yard of fabric I bought 8 yards.. some how the math is just not right...

Um, I don't see a problem with that math. :thumbup:

Gwyn 01-30-2010 10:40 AM

I don't see that you have a problem. If you decide to adopt out some of these beautiful things, my house can always use more.

littlehud 01-30-2010 12:24 PM

You're addicted to fabric. It's OK. Come join our group. We won't cure you, just feed your addictions. It's OK. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pins n' Ndls 01-31-2010 05:05 AM

nice to knowI'm not alone. My other problem is that I am a "Jill of many trades, master of none". Sound familiar? At age 73 I don't expect to change any time soon. Sew many crafts sew little time! Sew little storage space. Moved 6 years ago to a ranch home with 6 rooms. We left a home with 12 rooms. Dumb!!!

fabric=fun 01-31-2010 07:00 AM

O.K. Jill - you are speaking my language, besides traditional quilts and related runners, etc, - I am into Art Quilts ) esp. batiks, threads, embellishments, paints, beads, etc.), crazy quilts (non cotton fabrics), Purses and totes (asian fabrics and more non cottons), needle felting (wool, polar fleece, wool roving, yarns angelina fibers, etc,), needle punch (thread flosses, perle cottons, weaver's cloth, etc.), penny rug type stuff (wool fabrics, more threads, etc),

Its all very comforting that there is something for my every mood I am in, lol.

Any other multicrafters want to share their dilemmas?

iamsogone 01-31-2010 07:33 AM

i always say you need all you can get so you can sew sew sew nothing wrong with you we all have that

lindy 01-31-2010 10:35 AM

I also have tried just about every craft out there. I have finally settled into my quilting and rosemaling. I have recycled craft magazines, given mega yarn away for charitable projects & hauled away to Salvation Army & Goodwill. I plan to use a lot of my fabric for small quilts for a place called Liberty House. It is a local organization where abused children are taken to be evaluated. Sadly we took our granddaughter there because of a step-father. They are wonderful people. I also belong to the DAR and I make book covers for the ladies and lap quilts for veterans. So much fabric, so little time!

mrsmail 02-03-2010 08:25 PM

Sounds like you're normal to me!!