Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend >

MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend

MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend

Old 01-17-2014, 04:33 PM

I am working on a pink and purple Hello Kitty rag quilt. I had all the squares made and sewn together but when I started sewing the squares into rows I didn't like the middle. I found a flannel sheet at GW that is perfect for the middle so I am taking all the squares apart and replacing the middle. I have really been putting off doing this because I have to iron (yuck!) the pieces after I unsew them. I need to get it finished as it is sold and I promised it by Feb.6. So this will be a pink and purple weekend for me so I can get this to the clipping department (daughter).
Old 01-17-2014, 10:10 PM

Dh leaves at noon for Malta so i actually might could join you! Will check in to see how it's going. Have binding, blocks, and quilt tops to make so I'm set for anything!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:24 AM

I'll be here also. I've started a chevron QOV for my godchild on the occasion of his 50th birthday (already passed). He served 16 years with the Air Force and saw action in the Gulf War. I don't think my QOV will be an "official" one because I read yesterday that QsOV cannot use SITD for quilting, which is what I plan on doing. I'm not sure what the reasoning would be for that but, anyway, it will be HIS QOV. Regardless, that's what I will be tending to this weekend. Lots more of the HSTs to get done. I'm about halfway done with the squares. I've been doing one row at a time:cutting, sewing, then pressing.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:38 AM

I'm working on a rail fence quilt top, so I'll join in. It's cold and snowy here; don't want to go out if I don't have to, so what better way to spend the day?
Old 01-18-2014, 06:45 AM

I'm in! I have a busy weekend with a violin recital for my cousin I must attend and a funeral for a coworker's father immediately afterwards tomorrow but I'm hoping to sneak some sewing in today and Monday - already started in fact!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
I'll be here also. I've started a chevron QOV for my godchild on the occasion of his 50th birthday (already passed). He served 16 years with the Air Force and saw action in the Gulf War. I don't think my QOV will be an "official" one because I read yesterday that QsOV cannot use SITD for quilting, which is what I plan on doing. I'm not sure what the reasoning would be for that but, anyway, it will be HIS QOV. Regardless, that's what I will be tending to this weekend. Lots more of the HSTs to get done. I'm about halfway done with the squares. I've been doing one row at a time:cutting, sewing, then pressing.
I looked at getting involved with QOV last year but found the requirements too restrictive for my life and skills to accommodate. They have very high standards (which is because they want to make sure the quilts are high quality) but I don't have 20 years of experience. You make that quilt and stitch love into the seams and it will be just as "official" as the one from the non-profit organization.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:06 AM

I'm working on paper pieced blocks from the Doctor Who Along, designed by Soma Archarya and Caroline Press. I just finished block #3 yesterday and I'm starting block #4 today.

block #3
K-9
Old 01-18-2014, 07:57 AM

I've been working on the QR code for my DD #1 wedding quilt. I posted the picture in the pictures forum as I put it together this morning. I've been sewing all week. Sometimes it is harder to me to sew on the weekends as things can get busy here for me on Sat./Sunday.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:03 AM

Send some of your weather our way. We are in major drought this year. Governor Brown has us on 20 per cent reduction. We are the lowest in 100 years of keeping trick. We live by Folsom Lake and it is a pond.

As for Quilting I plan to finish one I am making for my husband and cut out fabric for a Circle Pizzaz quilt which should be fun. Will post pictures later this weekend.
Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
I'll join you this weekend. It's supposed to be snowy and cold the next few days and I do not have plans to go anywhere! Going to turn up the heat, layer on the clothes, make some hot chocolate and quilt away the next 4 days!

Nan - Indiana
Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM

Glad you're all joining me! I finished the other two prayer shawls this morning, then ran out and did some errands. Picked up a pizza while I was out so don't have to cook today Now on to sandwich, quilt and bind a small lap quilt for Kids for Comfort.
Attached Thumbnails jan-pics-004.jpg   jan-pics-005.jpg   jan-pics-006.jpg