Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend >

MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend

MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend

Old 01-18-2014, 05:54 PM

Everyone's posting some great pictures of progress!

I'm done for the night too....but no pictures yet and no wine!

Nan (where it's still snowing and the wind is picking up)
Old 01-18-2014, 06:21 PM

I sewed today! Felt great. I've been in a slump so this was the first time in forever that I did. Made my first king sized pillowcase and posted my first photo on another thread here. Pillowcase is for DH, on our bed waiting for him to find it. Maybe I'll make one for me tomorrow. Anyway, now that I have my mojo back, I plan on sewing for the next three days.

PS snowed all day here too. We have really had our share of winter this year.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:34 PM

great bags!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:52 PM

I cut out & pieced blocks for a zig zag quilt that's done in strips & then cut into squares, rather than the HST. The lighting is too poor tonight to take a picture of the blocks, but if I can start to piece them together tomorrow I'll share a picture then. It's scrappy pink, grey & white.
I always enjoy seeing everyone's projects, thanks for sharing!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 AM

Wish I could join up but I will be traveling north to overnight before my bariatric surgery on Monday morning reporting in @ 0 dark thirty! However, I did FINALLY stitch bindings on the backs of four quilts to have them ready to do handwork on the front while I am recuperating. I have dreaded the binding but it turned out to be pretty fun!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by mhollifiel View Post
Wish I could join up but I will be traveling north to overnight before my bariatric surgery on Monday morning reporting in @ 0 dark thirty! However, I did FINALLY stitch bindings on the backs of four quilts to have them ready to do handwork on the front while I am recuperating. I have dreaded the binding but it turned out to be pretty fun!
\
Good luck on your surgery! It'll be nice that you'll have something quilty to work on while you recoup.

I'm on my way to make and apply binding to a king size quilt. Hoping to get it finished today while the sun is still shining!

Nan
Old 01-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

I will join in! Thanks to Quilt N Nan for steering me here.... I love virtual quilt weekends. I am working on some I Spy strip quilts made with my leftover strips from when I cut I Spy squares. Also have some UFOs I want to resume.

Yesterday my daughter and I shopped til we dropped at JoAnn's-- Big sales! Coupons! Teacher discount!-- and bought tons of fabric for several quilt ideas. Now to put the fabric to use. I am excited because I've been trying to get my daughter interested in quilting/sewing and she's finally taking the bait! She's excited about fabric, that's the first step.

Will check back later with progress pics.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Holli, good wishes on your surgery. Hope that's the beginning of whole new life for you...
Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 AM

I'm in. Working on a postage stamp queen sized top. I'm doing it my own way, by making strip sets. It's boring but really like the results. Will name it Summer Breeze. Intentions are to have it LAQed with a cotton batting for spring and summer use.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:14 AM

Good morning all! Actually, I guess it's afternoon now. I just finished the lap quilt for Kids for Comfort, it's about 50 inches square. Now I'm trying to decide what to work on next. I'm thinking about getting some kits ready for our guild sew-in which is February 8th. Then maybe I'll start a couple Bow Tucks for a quarter auction. I'm so glad to have all this company working hard with me.
Attached Thumbnails jan-pics-006.jpg