Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend >

MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend

MLK Version of Virtual Quilt Weekend

Old 01-19-2014, 04:00 PM

I got the blocks done for a falling charms quilt--hope to sew the rows together tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:40 PM

Great to see everyone's projects...thanks for posting them... just heating up the iron.... only 3 more rows to stitch together after that, wahoo!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:33 PM

I'm done for the night, have the rows stitched together, but won't trim off the points until I find a backing... then I'll trim & staystitch before sandwiching. Thanks for posting this thread, I always enjoy seeing what everyone is up to![ATTACH=CONFIG]457521[/ATTACH] Sorry for the poor picture, but it's the living room carpet... and only a few side lamps available!
Attached Thumbnails top-stitched001-small-.jpg  
Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for the photos you all have posted. Keep them coming! Thimblebug, I made a chevron quilt like yours as a wedding gift in 2013. The 'on point' setting made me crazy, but I got it done!

Here's what I have to show so far. This is the first of two I Spy Strip quilt tops I plan to do this weekend. I posted the first one and the two pillows I made to go with them. As you can see, I have enough 60 degree triangles cut, and half triangles, to put together another top just like the first. Hope to put it together tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg  
Old 01-19-2014, 08:59 PM

I enjoy reading and seeing everyone 's quilt projects. I've been working on getting fabric together for the batik disappearing 4-patch swap and will wash the fabric tomorrow. Finishing up 18 more blocks for another swap. Then I need to print out 4 blocks of motorcycle pic and transfer the Pics to fabric. Then I will make a throw quilt with these 4 blocks and 12 other blocks I have already made. I plan on sewing on these for Monday and Tuesday. And finally bind a small wall hanging. I will post pics as I finish up my projects over the next 2 days. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:27 AM

Wow, your points look great!

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
Great work everyone, all the projects look lovely!

I'm working on a HST quilt using leftover squares from a DP9. Making good progress, it seems to be going together quickly. All the HST units are made, now I'm working on pressing them and trimming them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457507[/ATTACH]
Old 01-20-2014, 05:28 AM

Love this version of I Spy quilt, haven't seen it before.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thank you for the photos you all have posted. Keep them coming! Thimblebug, I made a chevron quilt like yours as a wedding gift in 2013. The 'on point' setting made me crazy, but I got it done!

Here's what I have to show so far. This is the first of two I Spy Strip quilt tops I plan to do this weekend. I posted the first one and the two pillows I made to go with them. As you can see, I have enough 60 degree triangles cut, and half triangles, to put together another top just like the first. Hope to put it together tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:29 AM

Looking good

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I'm done for the night, have the rows stitched together, but won't trim off the points until I find a backing... then I'll trim & staystitch before sandwiching. Thanks for posting this thread, I always enjoy seeing what everyone is up to![ATTACH=CONFIG]457521[/ATTACH] Sorry for the poor picture, but it's the living room carpet... and only a few side lamps available!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:57 AM

Hello ladies! I am late to this party as I had to work Sat & Sun, but I have today off so better late than never!

I will be working on my first paper piecing project - a feathered star snowflake wallhanging - wish me luck!

Last edited by patricej; 02-13-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 AM

I didn't sew at all yesterday. I've been teaching my son how to drive. We're going out again, this morning, for grocery shopping. That should be fun. He hasn't gone shopping with me since before he was in school, when I had to take him everywhere I went. Maybe this will be more than just a driving lesson for him ;-)

After that, back to the Doctor Who blocks. I'm enjoying everyone's pictures and will share mine later tonight.