Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: More about Rotor Blades

Why didn't someone think of this before? I bought eight 2 packs today. (40 blades) I'll split them with my sewing buddy.
    I used one today and it's great. In fact, when I compared it to the Olfa blade I had been using, it looks like it could have been made in the same place. Both came from China!

Because, if we knew earlier, Joann's wouldn't make the money they do!!lol.

shequilts, how long have you been quilting? I am looking for a quilting mommy

Blog Entries
    HAHA That is so funny! I purchase the only 8 packs our local store had and order on line but they are on backorder.

It will take that long as they are on a ship from china, lol

Quote Originally Posted by shequilts
    Why didn't someone think of this before? I bought eight 2 packs today. (40 blades) I'll split them with my sewing buddy.
    I used one today and it's great. In fact, when I compared it to the Olfa blade I had been using, it looks like it could have been made in the same place. Both came from China!
    OK, now you know my math stinks! I purchased 20 packs for a total of 40 blades. :oops:

Donnasue:
    'Just got your note. I've been quilting for longer than I want to say. Are yo a new quilter? Stone Mountain is quite a distance away from me, but we can correspond via email, cell, if you like. If I can help, I'll be happy to do so.
    Tell me a little about yourself. What type of quilts do you like to make? I'm currently in an applique mode.
    Karen

Donnasue & Shequilts, I live only about 7 miles East of Stone Mtn! Maybe send a PM & we could do a get together locally
    Joyce (mimiknoxtaylor)
    Quote Originally Posted by shequilts
    Donnasue:
    'Just got your note. I've been quilting for longer than I want to say. Are yo a new quilter? Stone Mountain is quite a distance away from me, but we can correspond via email, cell, if you like. If I can help, I'll be happy to do so.
    Tell me a little about yourself. What type of quilts do you like to make? I'm currently in an applique mode.
    Karen
    :)

the website says that my order was shipped, however just got a card in the mail telling me that my blades are on back order. Called today and they told me they were on back order. I told them that the site online says they were shipped that is why I was calling

They order# is 95378Peggy

My hubby tried to order them online yesterday. They told him
    they were out of stock and it would be a month or so before
    they had any more in stock. I wonder if they come from
    China??

I went today to our local (Fredericksburg VA) store. They didn't have any - OK, I wanna know who around here scarfed them all up???? LOL

I did get the carpet cutter tho - for those of you that don't know where to look and can't get help in the store - look in the section with the carpet cutting tools. I got the carpet cutter because it had 3 blades in it for $3.99. Hey, that's still better than Olfa. I'll keep checking back but because its a drive for me (45 - 60 mins) I will call first to see when they are in - I won't hold my breath! Ha ha.

While there (in HF) I found a set of wireless headphones to use with the t.v. so I can listen and watch at night and not keep hubby awake. They were only $5.99! DEAL!

I stopped in on Saturday and they were sold out and on back order. I did see the $2 cpn on Sunday's paper. There is also a FREE mini 3 1/2 to 4 inch flashlight cpn. My son loved it.

Sorry, it is 93378. The other # is the cutter with a blade.

Peg-TX

I also TRIED to get some at our HF on Monday and they had none. Told me maybe thursday some might come in.I had to drive about a half hour, I wasn't too happy.

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Um wasn't me that bought them all (slipping pkgs behind back)
    I have 10 pkgs on backorder just like everyone else.. :-D

slk350 .. remember that old jingle .. Let your fingers do the walking ? Call first before you make such a long drive. I understand your frustration.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

My HF isn't too far from me and it has been a week and a half since I received my raincheck. That's when the young man said that they would be in. I'll stop by there and let you all know what he says.
    Til later,
    Ta ta :-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Oh my husabnd was already eyeing the pizza cutter too. LOL Well I am still waiting for my blades. Some one bought all last 9 of them at the store close by. DH did buy some of the actual cutters because they come with three blades and are still lots cheaper then the brand name ones. So no worries some of us will go and buy them when they are back in. I am just worried they will be expensive then.

The guy at the store did tell DH, "All these old ladies are buying them all up!" LOL DH didn't enlighten him.
    This crack me up!! I was laughing so hard DH came and ask what so funny. I let he read it and he laugh and said how in the world did he keep a straight face.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
    Yeah, haven't seen a Harbor Freight here in GA but we'll be traveling to MI & then on to WI next week & you better believe if I see one, WE're STOPPING!
    This weekend we were in an around salvage/discount store in the mountains & found a bowl with the magnet in the tool section. $2. I snagged 2. Looking at the email yesterday & ad from Fons & Porter for the same one! On sale for $5 but reg. price of $8.99! Looks exactly like mine!]We do not have a HFT around here so someone on this board was generous enough to offer to buy some for me and mail it to me. That was so kind of her.
    [/quote]
    I did not think there was any in Georgia however if you go on their web site you can find out if there is one near you. I put in my zip code and, We have one 30 miles from us. Woo Hoo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnasue
    I'm new to this, so what is the difference in these blades you speak of and regular rotary blades?? Is this something I need to scour GA for??
    the price. $4.95 for one or $1.49 for two.

I wonder if as a group if we could special order from Harbor feight a full box of these blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    I wonder if as a group if we could special order from Harbor feight a full box of these blades.
    I don't live to far away from a HF and am stopping by there today to check on my raincheck. They told me a week and a half and it is time to go in today. I will ask the clerk if there is any way a person can order these in quantity.
    Wish me luck I'm going in!!!!!
    Ta,ta
    :XD:

There is a HF in Lilburn, GA on Lawrenceville Highway.

The package say made in China...

Quote Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    I don't live to far away from a HF and am stopping by there today to check on my raincheck. They told me a week and a half and it is time to go in today. I will ask the clerk if there is any way a person can order these in quantity.
    Wish me luck I'm going in!!!!!
    Ta,ta
    :XD:
    I wish you luck and hope they can sell it in bulk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast