Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: More about Rotor Blades

I hut got notification from Threadart that they sent my 6 sets of blades on the 20th. So I should have them in a week or less.

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    I wonder if as a group if we could special order from Harbor feight a full box of these blades.
    I don't live to far away from a HF and am stopping by there today to check on my raincheck. They told me a week and a half and it is time to go in today. I will ask the clerk if there is any way a person can order these in quantity.
    Wish me luck I'm going in!!!!!
    Ta,ta
    :XD:
    I wish you luck and hope they can sell it in bulk
    OK Ladies and Gentleman, here is the scuttlebutt on the HF rotory blades. There are none in almost all of the stores in the country (LOL) oops sorry.
    The website is out and I was told that it will be at least 3 weeks before the website will get them again. That means if you have rain checks in hand it will take another 3 weeks on top of that.... So 6 weeks or so for them, so we are looking at October. Freight day for the stores is Tuesdays, so check in by phone at your local FHT.
    For the one's that want them in Bulk or by the case, you have to try on the website. Oh and if you get them on the website they will NOT ship it to your local HFT. Only to your residence.
    OK, did I answer all the questions? I hope so. By the way JoAnns is having a sale on rotory goodies. :D Just thought I'd share that.
    I hope this helped.
    :XD:

Thanks for checking this out. Nothing we can do but wait it out.

Yep, but I just thought I'd give the 411 so everyone was on the same page.
    Have a good weekend all!!!
    :-D

I decided to bite the bullet and place an order for 20pks, 10 for me and 10 for my friend Karen (HI Karen!)

For several minutes I thought it wasn't going to take my order, it kept telling me there was nothing in the cart. Then it wiped out my account, then I got a page that said they were having technical difficulties, LOL...was everyone ordering at once?

Finally the order went thru smoothly. With s&h and tax, they came to $1.31 a blade. I'm very happy with that.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

Yep, but I just thought I'd give the 411 so everyone was on the same page.
    Have a good weekend all!!!
    Thanks so much for looking into the blades.

I tried here in Australia at Bunnings. they don't have them at all, only the long square ones. So no luck there for us. I will try out local carpet place and see they have them.

You all are so welcome..

Since I can't get them here in Australia at that price, I went onto Threadart and ordered a further 6 blades at 2.99 each. They are NOT Olfa but will fit the cutters. I payed about $28Au for the 6. About $4.50 each all up. Still better than $12 each any day. That is with p&h plus exchange rate too. Thank you for reminding me to check Threadart out again for the blades. I will give my daughter 2 when they arrive next week. She is a beginner quilter so all the help she can get the better.

Guess I got very lucky today. Hubby and I went to Harbor Fgt and I got 10 packs and they propably had 30 more on the rack. If any of you are in Knoxville, they are on isle 8.

Linda B, do you know if there is a HF near Nashville? I have a son in the Army, stationed at Ft. Campbell. I can have him pick up some for me when he comes home!

Sorry, I don't know about a store in Nashville one way or the other. You might see if their web site has a store locater.

Thanks, Linda.

Blog Entries
    Woohoo!! DH just called, he said he stopped by Harbor Freight, and they had 5 more packs of blades. He's bringing them home when he leaves work. :-D :-D :-D
    I'm a happy camper. :lol:

Good for you Ms Grace!!! That's a great guy you have there.

Pizza cutters are good for cutting your hot cakes or if up north they are called pancakes. Denise

just called my closest they had 6 in stock must be the set amount i will def be running up to get some next week was going to just order online but shipping was 6.99 thats ok gotta go that way next week anyway will save the $ and get them myself hee hee shhhh dont tell anyone

angieh,
    Make sure you ask HF to hold them for you. They will if you ask.

angieh,
    Make sure you ask HF to hold them for you. They will if you ask.
    i will call next weekend we will not be going up till thurs or fri and i hate asking someplace to hold something that long as i used to work retail and we never held anything longer than 24-48 hours
    and i love your location if i did that there wouldnt be enough room and what part of wash. did you start i grew up in spokane family lives in seattle area now and i got dumped in ohio by the ex hubbie lol but i do like it esp the economy.

Don't worry about them holding it til next weekend, you may find them gone and that would be unfortunate.
    I was raised in Tacoma, Washington and lived there for 45 years then met the Love of my life and moved to Portland Oregon. It's a little warmer here than in Tacoma and I'm trying to aclimate, but I am a snowball at heart. I like to be cold. LOL I can just see the east coasters here shivering in their seats. Have a BIL that lives in Spokane. My son still lives in Tacoma.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Well the way I see it, if there are no carpet cutting blades to be found. My brother will stay in business. He has a hardwood floor business in Michigan. :)
    I bought 50 packs Sunday for $1.49 a piece. Checkout person asked me how many I had and he didn't count, took my word for it. There was over the amount I bought left on the rack. I live about 50 miles from the store and was concerned about being able to find any. HEE HEE! Boyfriend said I should be set for life and I told him, it depends on how much material I will cut in my lifetime!

Wow Grandmother23,
    That's a whole lot of blades! Wish my store had that much. I think perhaps the store by you had the motherlode of blades. All others only had maybe 20 pkgs. Mine only had 7 pkgs.Now you know after we all buy these up and HF restocks, they will have a glut of them and then they'll really go on sale.LOL!!
    Good for you for getting as many as you did. I'm happy for you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7