Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
more cleaning than creating >

more cleaning than creating

more cleaning than creating

Old 11-24-2010, 04:52 PM

No actually I wasnt kidding. She asked....I answered. It wasnt a judgment just a logical answer to her problem.

You either have time to sew or you have time to organize the stuff you dragged in and the other unfinished stuff.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Kas

I have to move stuff back and forth from the ironing & cutting table to the sewing table. Ugh. I have too much else to do and not enough room to get truly organized.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:07 PM

let me know when a real solution arises 4 u--maybe it will work 4 me 2! i sure would like to look w/o seeing....hmmmmm
Old 11-24-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm the same way but I think it's just part of the creative process for me. Kind of like rehearsing before you actually perform in the play...
Anyway, that works for me more than trying not to bring more supplies in although that suggestion was very practical.
:)lots2do
Old 11-25-2010, 04:16 AM

-------------- I do NOT have that problem-------------
Old 11-25-2010, 04:46 AM

I find when I straighten things up in my surroundings, it clears up my mind, if that is possible. Now I have done the surrounding pieces of furniture loaded with sewing/quilting items. The table I sew on is pretty cluttered, want to clean it up and finish the table mat I am working on. Next week, when I am ready to start something new or finish something not so new, it will all be new looking and orderly. I find it works for me. On that note, I am heading downstairs now, I have 4 hours to get it all together.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:56 AM

I have this problem also, another is: Can't stand a dirty house. I have temporary solved this problem by giving the house a good cleaning once a week, and Vacumm twice a week. The sewing room, once a day. I spend more time in the Sewing room than anywhere else and hate to waste time looking for what I need. I'm by myself now, DH passed, Kids are grown, it's just me and my 2 Yorkies, they are in my sewing room with me daily. As long as I can find my supplies for the sewing room I'm happy. When I have Company, the other part is clean, always buying something new for the Sewing Room, yesterday, a chalk PEN. Not sure how it works, but I'll find some use for it, hopefully for drawing a quilt design on my g.grandson "I spy" quilt.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
let me know when a real solution arises 4 u--maybe it will work 4 me 2! i sure would like to look w/o seeing....hmmmmm
Have you noticed? No matter how big our sewing area/room is, we always manage to fill it to the walls and then some. I just knew when I moved into my BIG room with all my storage cabinets/drawers etc., I wouldn't have the mess anymore. My problem.......when I'm working on a project, I pull everything out I want to look at but don't put the unused away. Is that a wonky in my brain?
Old 11-25-2010, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
-------------- I do NOT have that problem-------------
Yeah RIGHT. LOL
Old 11-25-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Why is it I spend so much more time cleaning and straightening out my sewing room than actually making something? It seems like I have to clean it up before I start any project. Sometimes I have to clean it and Im not even going to sew. It takes so much time to find places for all the "stuff" I drag in. Need some good ideas to fix this. :oops: :roll:
Back to my old adage I tell my grandkids. "If you don't want to clean up a mess, don't make a mess." I try so hard to put things back in their rightful place right away so I can find it when I need it again, and I try to only get out things that apply to the project I am currently working on. Notice I said TRY.