Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
more cleaning than creating >

more cleaning than creating

more cleaning than creating

Old 11-26-2010, 06:53 PM

I'm afraid I don't let anything distract me from sewing - not even other people and their opinions about whether the room needs tidying or not. One time, I was making a sculptural piece for an exam at art school and someone tidied up because they were fastidious. Half of my piece was thrown in the garbage and I had to re - create for days afterward...worse than not getting started.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 AM

I am with you!
Mary
Old 11-28-2010, 05:43 AM

I'd like to teach the gremlins how to hem all of those pants for DH that are cluttering up my room. (lol).
Old 11-28-2010, 06:30 AM

If I can clear off my ironing surface, then I'm able to begin a new project. My sewing table (old dining room table), never gets so cluttered I can't sew. Finished a table runner and 8 napkins yesterday. Cut out fabric for an organizer for my sewing tools, last night. Putting fabric into their respective covered boxes, does take some moving around of things, in order to do that. It would be great if I'd just sew up the piles of fabric bought for certain things, tho. I've had fabric to make myself a bathrobe for a couple years now...
Old 11-28-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by angelwatcher
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I work well in a messy room. I just make higher piles.
I agree!! Any flat surface in my room gets stuff stacked on top of it. Then I have to shift stuff to cut, move stuff to iron, restack stuff to find the fabric that got buried. But, I like it like that, cause I keep doing it. I tried to straighten up once and found I couldn't find anything. I work well in my creative chaos!!
Oh My, I agree with you!! Several times, I've cleaned and then couldn't find where I put something! My husband can't stand to come in "my room" because it's so messy. Even after I sort of straighten it up, it still looks messy, because there's piles everywhere.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Banned

you MUST learn to live with a little/lot of mess otherwise you will get nothing done---just concentrate on the quilting--NOTHING ELSE!
Old 11-28-2010, 03:05 PM

I realized it was time to clean when I looked down when I was brushing my teeth and noticed that I had left large red splotches on my tile floor. I guess something broke in my sewing room and I cut the side of my foot right after I turned off the lights. I felt a pain, but thought I scraped the side of it. I didn't see the blood on the underside. I guess I wacked it good because it took another fifteen minutes with a rag and spot cleaner getting the blood out of the carpet on the stairs and in the hallway. Today, I cleaned. I didn't want that to happen to one of my kids. It isn't perfect, but at least it isn't dangerous anymore!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:02 AM

Phew, that's scary!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Bev

I am cleaning out my quilting room now. I've been sewing and quilting like crazy lately (just like everyone else) and it's been in a terrible mess. Everything I'm working on has its own spot, but is laid out with all the fabrics, and in various stages of completion. My bins of fabrics, some of them at least, were pulled out and opened up with fabric hanging out of them. Then my DDIL walked in the day before Thanksgiving to see some of the things I was working on. I happened to look at her as she entered the room. Her facial expression was one of abject horror! At that moment I realized how it must look to others. So ... here I am, cleaning instead of quilting which I should be doing! No, actually here I am sitting at the computer. But this is just a quick break, I swear!! 8-) :lol:
Old 11-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Does anyone know the address for mailing of the
"Quilts of Valor"