Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More than one project >

More than one project

More than one project

Old 03-12-2016, 11:15 AM

Always more than one
Old 03-12-2016, 12:19 PM

I always have several projects in the works .... Piecing tops for others, then arranging machine or hand quilter
Friends to complete. Mailing finished projects, plus sewing smaller tops to de-stash my fabrics / sell via EBay.
Favorite quote in this regard is: "The things you are passionate about
Are not random ... They are you calling". (Quilting ... Of course!)
Old 03-12-2016, 03:06 PM

I am so happy to know that I am not alone ! I have way too many projects ; working on my first machine sewn quilt top and have a hand pieced top in progress....so I can sit with my husband in the evenings while he watches movies. Also have a huge box of completed tops that need quilting...many of them were hand pieced by my Mother. I can't afford to have them done by a long arm quilter and the quilting is not what I like to do best
Old 03-12-2016, 04:32 PM

I always have more than one project. Right now I have a top to quilt and a top I am piecing for the class I am teaching. I am also piecing a king-size quilt for our bed. I have a ladder hook project going and pillows that I am hand embroidering. Almost forgot, I also am making mug rugs. Have several of them machine embroidered and will finish them next week. What can I say. I get bored easily.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

i can't remember only working on one project at a time. I try really hard, but think of all the things i want to make, and then start that. eventually, i get around to finishing the first started things. I have alot in the pit of projects right now, but by christmas, they all will be done.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:52 PM

This is the first time I have had more than one in progress, one ready to hand sew the binding, one that is getting sewn, fabric pile on deck ready to start(does that count?) and another rolling around in my head. I have been a steadfast finish one before I start another.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:08 PM

I always have more than one project going at a time and you can bet if I didn't my grandkids would find lots of things for me to sew, quilt, knit, etc. They are both cheerleaders and cheer on teams that consist of around eighteen to twenty girls. I always have some cheer project going. (pillows, scarves, embroidered blankets, tote bags, etc.) Keeps me out of trouble.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

Way more than one.... I got to where I stopped trying to keep track of 'how many', because it only made me feel bad and totally disorganized. They are everywhere. I have several knitting projects, several crochet projects, and very many quilting projects. I just work on the ones I see and feel drawn to. I could never stick to one at a time because I don't feel like working on the same thing every day. I do finish things... lots of things... but I always have choices of what to work on and I love it that way. I am a grown up and call my own shots! That feels pretty good!
Old 03-13-2016, 06:51 AM

I always have several projects going at a time usually a paper pieced one, a scrappy one, and whatever. That way I can sew what ever I am in the mood to work on as sometime I just want mindless sewing then I do scrappy or string blocks other times I feel like paper piecing,, etc.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:09 AM

I work on more than one project at a time. So I have lots of UFOs. I am trying to finish these before starting something new, but a little voice in my head is saying "Aww, come on. You can start another project! Look at all the kits you have waiting....you can work on a little one....and look at all the fabric and patterns you have. You can start something new in spring colors instead of finishing what you have started in winter colors....." And so the battle goes...