Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More than one project >

More than one project

More than one project

Old 03-11-2016, 10:16 PM

Right now I have three projects going, and probably a dozen or so more rolling around in my head!!
Old 03-11-2016, 11:02 PM

I usually make 2 quilts of the same pattern as I give to charities, plus I'm crocheting scrubbies and who knows what else!!
Old 03-11-2016, 11:25 PM

Multi project person here! The one project I never complete is called "clean up". I do not save scraps, they are donated. If I kept them, they would never get organized and put away.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:23 AM

I like to finish what I start before moving on to the next 15 projects that are screaming in my head to begin. I don't enjoy every phase of a project. If I didn't force myself to do one at a time, none would ever get finished. Even then it is a little sad being finished with a project that I have yearned to complete after working on it for so long.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:45 AM

I currently fall into the multitask group, however, that's usually not the case for me. I prefer to have one project going or two at the most but I have been sucked into the Splendid Sampler and am now learning to foundation paper piece so I have now started working on blocks from the Famer's Wife 30s book. And lastly, I have completed my 68 blocks and setting pieces from Allietare which are still waiting to be put up on the design wall. Oh wait... and there's my Gypsy Wife quilt... (sigh)
Old 03-12-2016, 03:48 AM

I usually have more than one going at a time, usually 2-3. One is usually at the point where it takes concentration and good light. It's my early morning project. Another is at the point where I can watch TV or a movie and do laundry at the same time. Another may be at the final point of handwork that I can work on at night when I am winding down the day. Then one day I'll reach a point and work like crazy to finish them all up so I can just start all over again.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:00 AM

Multiples always going here. Anything from quilted placemats to a queen size quilt, row by rows, and hand embroidery are always going and some even get done!
Old 03-12-2016, 04:21 AM

Wow. Lots of interesting responses. I sew for two outside groups, one is a missionary project for Uganda and another is a local group that does an annual craft boutique to raise funds for an organization. So, if I am not careful quilting for my own family and friends gets lost in the shuffle. My solution is to divide my time-I sew for one group on one day of the week and put it away and sew for the second one on another day and for my own use on a third day. What gets done is done and the rest has to wait until the next time. If I have extra time during the week, between other home care events and appointments I choose one to move on with. It seems to work for me.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:55 AM

I also usually have 2-4 projects going at once. Unless I have a deadline on one, I rotate almost daily to keep from being bored too.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:56 AM

I always have several projects on the go-I get bored! I always have at east one mindless project to work on when I want to sew, but the brain is mush!!