Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
From the mouths of Babes... melted my heart >

From the mouths of Babes... melted my heart

From the mouths of Babes... melted my heart

Old 12-11-2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Daisy Dew View Post
What absolutely perfect moment - when you are about to finish her next quilt a label with those thoughts might be nice.
Daisy that is a wonderful idea, I will definitely do that.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

What a delightful story. My DS and DDIL had asked me to make a quilt for Zoe when she switched to a "big girl" bed. Originally it was to be a twin size quilt, however, circumstances changed and she wound up with a full size bed. Fortunately, I had made the quilt larger than a twin, so it fit a full size bed. I pieced it before I had shoulder surgery last May and finished it Christmas Eve when we presented it to her. The expression on her face was priceless and she told me that she really loved it and liked it very, very much, she was 3 1/2 at the time. Despite the many hiccups along the way in making her quilt with all the appliqued flowers, hearts, dragonflies and butterflies, as well as pinwheels, I was very pleased when it was finished. My DS said that he thought it was the best quilt I'd ever made. The comments were wonderful to hear, however, when Zoe jumped off the couch, where the quilt had been laid over her, with her eyes closed, and gave me a big hug and kiss, there is no better reward than that. All the hours were worth it, even to finishing the binding shortly before going over to their house Christmas Eve. That is why I quilt, it's food for the soul.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:46 PM

That it is Marge, no amount of money can buy these heart felt rewards.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:49 PM
dms

Love that reply!
Old 12-11-2014, 04:27 PM

Where do you live in u[state NY? I used to live in Buffalo growing up and then moved to Canton for a number of years and still have relatives in Ogdensburg/Lisbon area. What a precious granddaughter you have.

Last edited by Carol34446; 12-11-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:34 PM

What a sweet little granddaughter...I think I would move her ahead of someone in the quilt line.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Where do you live in u[state NY? I used to live in Buffalo growing up and then moved to Canton for a number of years and still have relatives in Ogdensburg/Lisbon area. What a precious granddaughter you have.
I live in a little country town about 50 miles north of Syracuse, in an area called the Tug Hill Plateau. It's at the east end of Lake Ontario where the lake effect snow likes to drop. Smiles
Old 12-11-2014, 07:12 PM

This is why we do what we do. It's not money or fame, it's the love and understanding that feeds our need to create.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:04 PM

My 13yr DGD has been sewing with me even before we learned to quilt, she is very good at it and I wonder if she has more of the gift than I do. It makes me so proud to sit beside her, each of us working on a quilt. She is very caring in her quilt making as am I we think it over long and hard about the person we are making the quilt for. Right now she is working on a quilt for her older sister who is in her 1st year of college and is a Leukemia survivor, DGD works on it everyday after school to have it finished for Christmas. Myself am working on our 3rd childs quilt. We have 6 children so I am doing their quilts in chronological order, 2 down 4 to go. Then I'll start on the 9 GGKids. Whew, maybe someday DH & I will have one for our bed...MAYBE. God bless our children who are learning the art of quilting!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:30 PM

Awww! I'm sure Nana will get right on that new quilt.