Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Moving near Frederick MD >

Moving near Frederick MD

Moving near Frederick MD

Old 08-17-2011, 11:25 AM

Prince Frederick is not the same place as the city of Frederick. I would have to look on a mat. Carroll County is right next door to Frederick county. Frederick the city is about 50 miles from me because I am in the far NE corner of Carroll County right on the southern PA line. Several of my quilting friends who live a little further west than me belong to the Four County Quilter's guild I mentioned.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltinMama
Hello! DH has a job near Frederick MD... now we have to move!! Any guilds near there? good quilt shops? First say a prayer on selling this house.. economy not great.. but we are going to try... let me know about the area..
Hugs
Quiltinmama
Thank you all for all of your suggestions and of course the shops names... you make me feel like I have friends already there... thank you
Hugs
Quiltinmama
Old 08-18-2011, 04:18 AM

Be prepared for traffic. When you pick a place to live, have your dh drive to work during rush hour to see if he wants to deal with it before buying or signing a lease. A lot of people when they move to the area don't take that into account. I'm about 20 miles south of Frederick. I used to work only 11 miles away and it could take 30-45 minutes each way on a good day. A rainy day or traffic accident it's easily double that.

And when you get settled in, you can come join us in Germantown to sew with the MSP quilting angles. We make quilts for QFK's and QOV's. http://mspquiltingangels.blogspot.com/ We have people come from PA and VA also.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:18 AM

I have been in charge of the military donations and quilts for soldiers here in NJ for our guild ..so yes I would love to come and sew for the these wonderful men and women..
just let me know the time and place... LOL!! We have not decided yet on where we want to buy.. I need to go over and check this area just trying to get this house ready for selling... uggggghhhh!
Hugs
Quiltinmama
Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 AM

My sister visits Frederick MD often for quilting supplies and often drive into PA for a day. When I visited her at New Windsor, we visited a fabric shop in Frederick. You won't be far from Gettysburg PA, and other places in that area. I am sure you will find others to quilt with once you get there. Good luck selling your house.

Carol J.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:24 AM

Thanks Carol... need all the help I can get... cleaning out closets... good grief... too much to do..
hugs
Quiltinmama
Old 08-19-2011, 05:03 AM

Here is a list of quilt shops in and near Frederick that my DS sent for you.
Needles & Pins 310 E Church Street
Sisto-on edge of Frederick phone no.301-695-0643
Quilt Patch, 15 miles from Frederick at Littleton PA
phone no. 717-359-4121
Mt. Airy near Gettysburg PA

When you move to Frederick send me a PM and when my sister is back in New Windsor, I will hook you two up, she is a master quilter. She volunteers at the Brethren Service Center and lives in Iowa, going home next week but hopes to be back in MD next year, God willing.

Carol J.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM

Thanks Carol
That sounds good to me.. enjoy your time with your sister and pray that we get this house sold..
Hugs
Quiltinmama