Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Multiple projects >

Multiple projects

Multiple projects

Old 07-23-2011, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Originally Posted by Xstitshmom
Do most of you work on more than one project at a time?
Oh heavens, yes!
An organized mind is a sick mind. Isn't it?? :D

Jan in VA

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-23-2011, 02:37 AM

One on the frame, one being piece and one on the cutting table. I try to always work this way.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 AM
Power Poster

sometimes i have so many going i dont even know what i'm working on--i just keep working :)

but seriously- i have a dozen quilts in various stages- some i am doing hand piecing or applique and am working on the hand components-some i had to set aside for a bit for some reason- waiting for something-some are (personal projects) that get set aside for projects for others- i get to (mine) when i get tired of others- just want to work on something else-
sometimes it's a 'skill-builder' project- and i have to (back-up, regroup, and do a couple practice blocks before i can move forward again)
always have 2 or 3 hand projects going/travel projects-
guess i'm just too scattered to stay on task for one at a time- the good thing though -- when they start coming together i usually have 3 or 4 suddenly done at once! which i just love it when they (come together) :)
Old 07-23-2011, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
I'm piecing 5, quilting 2, cutting 1 and 2 waiting to be sandwiched. Plus smaller in between projects. When I run out of materials for one I just move on to something else, whilst I'm waiting for supplies to arrive. At the moment I'm waiting for threads and ran out of vliesofix for another one. I always feel like my day is wasted if I don't get any sewing in. Even if it's just a mending job.
what is vilesofix ?
Old 07-23-2011, 03:40 AM

I usually have several projects in the making, at least one will be totally scrap, one will be hand quilting, and then there will be a table runner or place mats, to have ready for a gift. Sometimes, there are more than three! piecefully, the old one
Old 07-23-2011, 03:59 AM

On my design wall (wall of please get me done) I have starting blocks for my calendar hangers, blocks for my QIAD Training signature blocks (waiting for the rest of the signatures), a twister table topper waiting for borders, extra log cabin blocks (about 40) fror my daughter's king quilt for smaller laps, cute caps I am redirecting to be used as scarf replacements under you motorcycle helmet, a monkey and lion flannel that my 27 year old grand daughter spotted and wants, several casserole carriers and baked potato bags, plus several quilts that need bindings. So in answer to your question... I have several projects going at the same time. lol Charlie
Old 07-23-2011, 04:12 AM
klc

I'm a more than one person. I've got the quilt pieced and ready to be quilted, BOM in progress, and bags being completed right now. I also am thinking of other projects to start. I always have completion dates in mind, so nothing stays unfinished too long.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:19 AM

Of course!!!! Boxes of them!!!!! Some I'd even forgotten about!!!! It's fun when you find them and eventually get them finished!! :roll: :lol: :lol: I have a reputation to uphold!!!!!! :thumbup:
Old 07-23-2011, 04:22 AM

I do work on several at a time, all different stages!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:33 AM

I thought it was almost a Quilters Rule to have more than one project going at a time. I usually have two or three, but there not all quilts some are Bags & Potholders. Christmas is coming you know.