Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Multiple Projects >

Multiple Projects

Multiple Projects

Old 01-28-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
I hadn't heard about these. How are they used ?
The ribbons on the end are made with different textures and are for the baby to feel. It is a tactile experience for them. My grandchildren all have had one (and I mean only one that has been used by each child). The like to touch the ribbons, put them in their mouth, etc.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:00 AM

I make a list of all things I need to work on in my sewing room and post it above my machine. As I finish something I cross it off the list. For me that is a good feeling of accomplishment.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:00 AM

I make a list of all things I need to work on in my sewing room and post it above my machine. As I finish something I cross it off the list. For me that is a good feeling of accomplishment. pat
Old 01-28-2012, 08:04 AM

I just started back into quilting since I now have all the time in the world. I retired 3 years ago but went to MA to help my daughter with the children. They have all moved to Australia as was the plan and I am now back in my home and so I have lots of time on my hands now. I am doing several BOM's, plus I have a quilt class that meets once a week that has a few projects going......one that takes a year, one that is for the month and then one that is for the term of about 3 months. Anyone can join these projects as she has a web site and you can download the projects free. http://lynbrown.com The year long project is going to be the Quilter's alphabet. I find that I still have time left over....hmmmmmm. I put my projects in the plastic bags and they are marked. So far everything is a WIP. I also knit for charity and read books. I love being retired. I can do what ever I want with no time constraints or have to be anywhere. The down side is not enough money,
Old 01-28-2012, 08:18 AM

I would love to complete one project at a time, but ideas keep popping in my head and I have to give them a try.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 AM

I usually have two quilting projects and one knitting project going at one time.
I have a log cabin on the frame and am hand quilting, I have a cathedral window that I work on as my carry along as a sit and sew project. My knitting projects vary from socks to sweaters......
Old 01-28-2012, 09:35 AM

I have one "major" project going at a time but will set it aside occasionally and work on something like a small artsy quilt or one involving a new technique. I got started with Lyn Brown's mini calendar quilts last year and have made most of them (or some variation using my own designs). I enjoy small pieces like this because I can "play" and use up scraps without committing myself to a lot of time and cost. They are also fun to display on their plexiglas stands.

I also make purses and other stuff as a "break" from the major project.

Finally, I've noticed that I have to take a vacation from quilting occasionally and put everything "quilting" out of sight and concentrate on one of my other hobbies for awhile. This will happen when I begin telling myself that I "have" to work on a project instead of thinking that I "want" to work on that project.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:00 AM

The multiple unfinished projects that keep getting in the way of my quilting are 1. yard work, 2. mending, 3. ironing. 4. guilty conscience for not getting 1, 2 and 3 finished. LOL
Old 01-28-2012, 10:10 AM

I don't count the projects I have going, but yes there are a lot of them I have 2 needle turn applique that I work on at night while I watch TV with the hubby, then one on the design wall that I am doing with DGD, then quilts in progress in the large plastic shoe boxes, tops that are hanging on my ladder in the living room and piles all over the place. I wish I could be a clean room kind of quilter but I can't seam to do it I have piles and my mind knows where things are so I guess it works for me. Then I have started 2 new mystery quilts and I have a bag of fabrics I have been setting aside for at least three years and the quilt has now been built in my head and I am anxious to start it also. When I get bored with one project I just shift to another and then eventually they get done.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 AM

I use large zip lock bags, so I can put one project back, but still see what it is, and keep the threads, pattern and etc. organized for when I am ready to use it again.