Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My bummer experience with Hancock’s of Paducah >

My bummer experience with Hancock’s of Paducah

My bummer experience with Hancock’s of Paducah

Old 09-08-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo
One of the things I learned after several phone calls is to never order anything that's on sale and backordered.

I've otherwise never had a problem with my orders - except they insist on addressing me by my first name - and we're total strangers.
A little off topic, but response to last sentence----How do you like being called, Hon, Honey, Darlin', Sweetie? I'd rather be called by my first name than these..... To me these names tell me you are not interesting in me as a person and couldn't care less if I was around or not.

During a recent visit to the ER one of the nurses kept calling me 'sweetie'. We will be doing such and such, 'sweetie'. I finally told him that he could do anything he wanted as long as he didn't call me 'sweetie'. That got a quick head turn!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 AM

I have only ordered 1 time from them. By the time they got around to processing my order (which was a week after I placed the order) it was all sold out. I think their communication is bad. Not in any real hurry to order from that company again. I check other places first.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Originally Posted by gollytwo
One of the things I learned after several phone calls is to never order anything that's on sale and backordered.

I've otherwise never had a problem with my orders - except they insist on addressing me by my first name - and we're total strangers.
A little off topic, but response to last sentence----How do you like being called, Hon, Honey, Darlin', Sweetie? I'd rather be called by my first name than these..... To me these names tell me you are not interesting in me as a person and couldn't care less if I was around or not.

During a recent visit to the ER one of the nurses kept calling me 'sweetie'. We will be doing such and such, 'sweetie'. I finally told him that he could do anything he wanted as long as he didn't call me 'sweetie'. That got a quick head turn!
the alternative is Mrs. O'Shea; no-one has ever called me sweetie, honey etc. They probably can sense with one look at me not to risk it.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator

this is dangerously close to being a rant. we discourage such things.

while i would never ever try to convince you to shop anywhere you didn't want to, i'm unclear as to the exact purpose of this post.

i highly recommend you look up their management address and write a letter explaining all the facts behind your unhappiness. i hope you'll give them a fair chance to make it right. if, however, you are firm in your choice to not shop there again, there isn't much point in saying so here. you need to tell them.

HOP is a huge, internationally famous and respected shop. it stands to reason that the overwhelming majority of their customers get good service.

your case is unfortunate but warning others away is unfair and without foundation.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 PM

No one called me sweetie or anything like that until I quit dyeing my hair and let it go gray! I sometimes think I'll go back to color!