Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Christmas Present >

My Christmas Present

My Christmas Present

Old 12-25-2012, 05:21 AM

I've had my Sweet Sixteen for a few years now ... and I have used it with all types of threads with no problems. I have a test quilt (a small piece of fabric/batting/fabric about 15x15) that I use to check and make sure all my tensions are correct before I start the real quilt. So if the tension isn't set right I am not messing up anything good. Enjoy your new SS
Old 12-25-2012, 06:47 AM

I am ther with you! I want one as well. Maybe next year!!!
Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
You ladies are killing me - I want a SS so b-a-d! I wish you all good thoughts and great stitches!

Shari
Old 12-25-2012, 07:35 AM

I have the Tiara!! I'm just learning. I love it!! Can't get the hang of the stitch regulator though. Great gift!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
I have the Tiara!! I'm just learning. I love it!! Can't get the hang of the stitch regulator though. Great gift!
I had met my sights on a Tiara and DH was agreeable. Then he saw the Crown Jewel long arm machine and he decided that the Tiara would still be difficult to use for King size quilts. I had to agree that the Crown Jewel would be much easier to use. Next problem--Where to put it. The only room that is really big enough is my sewing studio, but I have a large sewing cabinet with an extension table that takes up a lot of space. We decided that we would move the guest room to the downstairs bedroom that my son had when he was in college. Then we can move the cutting table and ironing station from the sewing studio to the old guest room and that will make room for the Crown Jewel. Needless to say, we have a lot of work to do before we can bring the machine home. I would have been perfectly happy with the Tiara, but if DH wants to buy the Crown Jewel, who am I to say no? lol
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 AM

Congrats! Enjoy it!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on getting the HQ Sweet Sixteen, you're a lucky gal. I don't have room for anything larger than my Janome, but that's OK, as long as I can sew and quilt, I am a happy camper.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 AM

I've had mine for a while and love it. Haven't tried using rulers yet but the free motion quilting is a breeze and even in the ditch if you are not too picky isn't hard. Its so much easier than my domestic
machine
Old 12-26-2012, 01:24 PM

I am another one who loves my sweet 16. I have yet to have it complain about any thread I have thrown at it. Yenmet metallics, superior invisible poly, king tut, aurifil, guterman, isacord, yli, and I can't remember the others! Any good quality, strong thread will do as long as you get comfortable adjusting the tensions. I generally use superior's Superbob per-wounds in the bobbin, just because it is easy.

pam
Old 12-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Congratulations and enjoy your machine! My hubby bought me one in October and I love it. My machine came with a few samples from Superior threads and I have ordered some more from them. My machine seems to like all types threads so far!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:26 PM

It will use almost any thread. I've had mine for about 3 years! Love it, just remember to oil it each time you use up a bobbin. Its' not fussy at all.