Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
at my first guild meeting >

at my first guild meeting

at my first guild meeting

Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 PM

As long as I have been going to guild meetings, I have never seen anyone's name carved on a particular seat so that makes it available to anyone.
The first meeting I ever went to, no one talked to me at all. I didn't go back for about two years and finally joined. I wish I had joined a different group as I ended up leaving this group after 5 years. So many cliques there it took all the fun out of it. My friend who still goes there said the group is barely hanging together. Ya think?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 PM

The current quild I belong to has over 400 members and we meet in the auditorium of a college. I like the speakers and a couple of the officers are really nice, but seems like there's nothing personal about it and I haven't made any quilty friends there at all. There are some obvious cliques. They do have some great speakers, though, and do marvelous charity work. I'd like to find a smaller group, unfortunately I work afternoons and that's when most groups meet!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 PM

Do you all think the Elm Creek Quilt books spoiled Quilt Guilds for all of us? Not a snob among them!!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 PM

You are welcome to come to our guild. Everyone is super nice and we share and laugh so much. It's not far down here from where you are!:-)
Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
Do you all think the Elm Creek Quilt books spoiled Quilt Guilds for all of us? Not a snob among them!!
Hahaha but they do have their problems every now and then :)
Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Jim

WOW....no one in our guild is a snob...its a nice cheery bunch of women ...and me....lol....my wife is also a member...we have great fun and learn so much. We always look forward to our thursday night meetings...keep going and just be overly nice to her ..smile..greet...smother her with friendship...maybe she had a really bad day..I know if I have had a bad day guild sure takes it away
Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 PM

So I sat in the back because I needed to be able to stand and I have to say one lady made a beeline towards me to make sure I was not alone. Then I had to stand up and say my name and I will say my views on a guild did not come to life. The one lady was having a bad night (at least that is what I am going to believe) Everyone there besides here was very nice and helpful. I joined the guild and I picked up 2 kits to make ronald mcdonald quilts and a pillow case. I checked out a one block wonder book which I am very excited about and I will say I no longer feel the way I did about guilds. I say to everyone please atleast check yours out and keep going because that one person who was upset becasue I sat next to her lost out on a great friendship!!! Thank you all for your support I am so happy will go to bed with a smile on my face!!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 PM

OHHH and the speaker talked about thread and needles I will start a new thread (he he) about this in the morning with all my notes!! You cannot believe the information I learned! Oh her quilts were amazing I wish I could have taken a pic of them all but way too many!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
And met my first rude person ok I will stay there are more nice ones right??

Speaker is from warm and natural!
So you were texting from the meeting?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 PM

During the break I did.