My first long-arm machine!

My first long-arm machine!

Old 12-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

Good for you.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by peabee
Originally Posted by akrogirl
the stores were selling off all their Mega Quilter 18.8 floor models, along with the Q-Bot systems.

I was able to get the complete set-up for a little over half of what I had seen elsewhere. Sure, I would have loved one of the new software packages, but $1700 for the Q-Bot versus $6000 for the Quilt Artist made it an easy decision :-) Plus, I still get the full warranty :thumbup:
sorry to have to ask what may be obvious, are viking dealers @ joanns selling off qbot mega quilters because they are old models? will you have to buy anything else to get started? will wonderful hubby set it up or does the dealer do that for you? i've been SO wanting to have one of my own! but, it needs to be under $2000.00. cant wait to see your postings when you're up and running!
From what I was told, it was a corporate decision not to have 18.8 demo machines in the stores anymore, except in areas of heavy long-arm sales, such as SLC (my frame actually came from one of the SLC stores). The long-arms will be special order now in most cases.

Yes, DH will be largely responsible setting up the machine, poor guy. We are both engineers and I figure it can't be any worse than installing, and bringing on-line, a multi-channel ion chromatograph, lol.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:17 PM

I am thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!