Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My issue with this board

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katia
    I feel the same way about this board. So much inspiration and so many beautiful things. I want to do it all. But there is more then that. The people here are just so dang nice. I have been involved in several other message boards to the point of obsession, but they always seem to get political and mean. People get snarky and it is down hill from there. I seldom see anything close to that here. People are so nice here, and helpful and patient. I see posts where I think, uh oh, here it comes. But nope, people back down and apologize and move on. I think I have stumbled upon a wonderful group of people here. Thank you all very much.

I think its called "Family" and we are always here for one another...family, Snarky or not
    :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
    I feel the same way about this board. So much inspiration and so many beautiful things. I want to do it all. But there is more then that. The people here are just so dang nice. I have been involved in several other message boards to the point of obsession, but they always seem to get political and mean. People get snarky and it is down hill from there. I seldom see anything close to that here. People are so nice here, and helpful and patient. I see posts where I think, uh oh, here it comes. But nope, people back down and apologize and move on. I think I have stumbled upon a wonderful group of people here. Thank you all very much.

I think its called "Family" and we are always here for one another...family, Snarky or not
    :P
    Oops! getting sleepy, sent twice!

Yep...I'm using a timer too...have to otherwise I just wouldn't get anything done. This is such a great place to "escape" to...and I learn some new technique or get ideas every time I log on. 10 more mins. then I have to get some ironing done and the fireplace set...

Do enjoy hanging out here too, have to remind myself to work on something, you all do inspire me to finish ufo's challenging myself to work on what's started.... :)
    Except for the 2 downey quilts just rec'd, think those will be quickies:)

I am happy to provide on line addiction counselling to others on the board - but only if we can meet here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just got home from work. Should be preparing dinner - Oh well there are always leftovers from last night. Just love to see what everyone is up to. I am still amazed at the technology of being able to "talk" to people from all over the world instantly. I love it. It has opened up a whole new world for me. What could be more enjoyable than sharing with people who have a common interest.
    Colleen

Blog Entries
    set yourself some limits. i set timers...i decide i'm going to spend 45 minutes on the computer, set a timer when it goes off i shut the computer down. when i'm sewing i set a timer, after 45 minutes of sewing it is time to get up and take a walk, get something to drink, stretch...or even move on to something else. then you can decide...later i will go back and spend another 45 minutes...
    there are days when i spend lots more time here then i should, but some days i just dont feel like sewing or have trouble getting going on something. i still set the timer and make myself take breaks from it...
    sometimes i think timers are my best friend!

Ditto! I have also put a timer on my computer desk to limit myself to 1 hour but forget to set the timer. Love this site and all the information I can use. It's worth the time. :-D

Blog Entries
    I absolutely agree. I thought quilting was my obsession. Now I've found this site, I'm not so sure. I may try the timer idea but I have a feeling it will be a bit like setting the alarm on the weekend - the intention is there!

I love this site w-a-y toooo much. Before I know it, several hrs have past!!
    So many great ideas, etc though.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

lol

Blog Entries
    Don't ya hate when we have to PARENT OURSELVES and say we can't do something!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    set yourself some limits. when i'm sewing i set a timer, after 45 minutes of sewing it is time to get up and take a walk, get something to drink, stretch...or even move on to something else.
    I've heard you should always make sure you DRINK when you sew...
    It causes you to HAVE TO GET UP !!!
    :lol: :roll:

See here I am suppose to getting for work but I'm checking this out first. LOL So nice to see how many others have the same addiction as I do, makes me feel so much better.

I agree, should be getting ready for work

I hear ya!

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I was freaking out when I went away last week wondering what I was missing haha
    We're in this same big ole boat together!!! :D:D
    :lol: :lol: :lol: We went away in June and took a laptop with us! I checked it every day even if I had to set my alarm an hour before I needed to get up.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I feel so much better! This is the first time I have ever replied to anything but I read thru all the time and get inspired only to run out of time to get anything done. lol

School starts today. You can bet I will be checking in at school on the lab computers. :roll:

I may not post as often, but I will be 'lurking'.

As a side note, anyone else have callouses (sp) on their elbows from sitting at their cutting table using the laptop? :oops: :roll: I just realized why I have them. How embarassing! :?

I am in the same boat with you all. I spend every morning and any chance I can on here. I love you all.

Blog Entries
    My sentiments exactly. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    School starts today. You can bet I will be checking in at school on the lab computers. :roll:

I may not post as often, but I will be 'lurking'.

As a side note, anyone else have callouses (sp) on their elbows from sitting at their cutting table using the laptop? :oops: :roll: I just realized why I have them. How embarassing! :?
    Quick.....get out the loofah before someone sees them! LOL I lean on my left hand while I read posts and then wonder why my left wrist is so sore.

It certainly is a great place to be! I check in at least morning and night; afternoons when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Addicted here too, went to a retreat and they had low reception so could not get on. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. aches and pains. LOL. I miss those who "left" but I love it here and have so many friends. I sit for hours and read sometimes and post back too. Can't get enough of what everyone is up to and really appreciate the moderators and Admin Gorilla. LOL. Wonder how the ape came to be though.
    if no one has filled you in...the avatar appeared sometime last year and was such a hit with boarders, we begged the gorilla to stay as is...that's sort of, the story, lol! :lol:
    btw, the picture originally was posted by k3n as one of many she took on a family holiday. She was living in France at the time.
    I think admin may have chosen it, bc he likes a good carrot, just like the mouse likes cheese :XD:

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the headsup Mousie. I was just wondering. My daughter's favorite pet at the FW zoo was the Gorilla named Jennifer. And the gorrilla is the king of the Jungle. LOL

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast