Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My issue with this board

I so know what you mean.Who has time for quilting when your on the computer in your spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day
    I am happy to provide on line addiction counselling to others on the board - but only if we can meet here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Isn't that like giving an alcoholic a drink?

Same problem here. I have saved so many pics, patterns, ideas, etc. I need a separate 'puter just for quilting. Maybe someday. In the meantime I relax after work just reading all the posts and admiring all the beautiful projects everyone shares. It's a fun place to be and we're learning things at the same time. Thanks to all of you for time well spent.

Blog Entries
    Addiction is really hard...Isn't it???? LOL I have to tell myself on my way home from work....DO NOT GO ON THE COMPUTER!!! GO STRAIGHT TO THE SEWING ROOM AND DO SOME SEWING!!!! It works "Sometimes"...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grammy o'5
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    Ummmmhmmmm, I know the feeling. But look at it this way, you'll always have a goal to reach !
    A goal? Is that to read every topic? LOL :wink: Workin' on it! Ha Ha
    or is the goal to Logout and go get something else done?

:D I feel the same way! This is a great place. Thank You everyone! :thumbup:

That's why this is the only board I visit regularly!!! Oh, I also check my emails! :lol:

Blog Entries
    This is the only board I visit anymore. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I just love it. Any time spent here is time well spent!!

As a side note, anyone else have callouses (sp) on their elbows from sitting at their cutting table using the laptop? :oops: :roll: I just realized why I have them. How embarassing! :?[/quote]

Nope, mine are on my butt,lol I'm always on the couch. My DH changes the channels so much it drives me crazy so I just get on the laptop :) works for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terri C
    As a side note, anyone else have callouses (sp) on their elbows from sitting at their cutting table using the laptop? :oops: :roll: I just realized why I have them. How embarassing! :?
    Nope, mine are on my butt,lol I'm always on the couch. My DH changes the channels so much it drives me crazy so I just get on the laptop :) works for us.[/quote]

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I tried to raise my hand to show everyone here that I also am a 'board addict' but my callouses are so bad and painful that my arm won't straighten! :roll:

I know just what you mean. I set time limits but keep saying just one more post. sigh

Blog Entries
    Try not having a laptop for three months and you can't logon or anything, boy it can be lonesome without you girls and guys. I love this addiction, you can learn, enjoy, have fun and never leave home. You can be late, never eat, and never leave home. I enjoy you gals and dolls.

I agree with everyone that posted 100 %. You all have said it. Oh, whomever asked about the 12 steps. My husband said he knew of 1 step unplugging me.

Blog Entries
    Same boat!

Well everyone has said it all. I only just recently joined this board and in that short time I have been able to save beautiful patterns, learn a few new techniques, join the Farmers Wife Sampler group and post a few things away to new "friends"
    NOW if only DH would go back to work, (he is on leave at the moment but he normally works 1 week on 1 week off on a mine site) then it will get scary as I won't have to cook or clean, just a mad dash the day before he come home lol

This IS a wonderful Board and I, too, have learned so much. My "Bookmarks" is full of "good stuff." However, a very dear quilting friend of mine (who also belongs to the Board), told me she uses the "Search" and can find everything. So, I have started doing the same and it is great to see everything under the one topic. Thanks to the Admin. for making this Board possible and to all of you "quilters" who share so much and create such beautiful quilts, etc.

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    Same problem here. I have saved so many pics, patterns, ideas, etc. I need a separate 'puter just for quilting. Maybe someday. In the meantime I relax after work just reading all the posts and admiring all the beautiful projects everyone shares. It's a fun place to be and we're learning things at the same time. Thanks to all of you for time well spent.
    What an idea. I need a new computer eventually this one is so slow. But I can keep this one for just quilting and get the new one for the household. Then my DD won't complain so much. LOL
    Talk about addicted.
    I can also loan you these guys. They will make sure you take lots of breaks from the computer.

Austin, Bess, Casey, Delia
    Name:  Attachment-98439.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  51.9 KB

Blog Entries
    I want you all to know that I AM NOT ADDICTED! I just get up in the morning and go directly to Quilting Board and check everything out, a morning ritual like brushing my teeth. And I am not addicted to brushing my teeth. It is a habit that is good for my health and happiness. Then when I have everything read and noted and deleted, I do my housework. Every ten minutes or so I come back to the computer, just to check if I got any important messages. I don't like a messy inbox! So I read what is there and note what is important and delete what is not, like the newspaper!!!! Then when everything is read, I delete that - clean inbox! Then about 1/2 hour later, I do the same thing - messy is as messy does! So, I AM NOT ADDICTED - I AM JUST NEAT!!!!!!! Edie

Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    I did just......that..a friend of mine cleaned out an old puter that ran as slow as molasses and reloaded it with all quiting patterns from her collection.

no internet...just quilting ..and going those those keeps one occupied as much (well, almost as much) as surfing the the threads and posts..........

If I'm here, I'm not doing housework.

Blog Entries
    I start subbing for a teacher tomorrow..... not good, as I HAVE to check out this board and I check out everything. I, like many of you, need my fix. I have had to put my machine away and clean up my sewing area as I know I won't have time to sew. Am hoping the teacher gets back soon...

Same here!! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Just one more post,ohhhhh I HAVE TO RESPOND TO THAT ONE.

Ditto. Maybe you could make this forum into audio books :) That way we could still get things done and not a miss a single pearl of wisom.

Blog Entries
    I love this board too. Soooo many nice peoplel here. It's wonderful to make friends all over the world. Friends whom you can talk to everyday. Talk about all sorts of things. You know, it doesn't always have to be about sewing (even though we are all addicts). LOL Just for fun, name something you really like to do other than sewing. I will be the first to start. I love to cook and read. Now it's your turn.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast