Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: My issue with this board

I agree with everyone. Every morning I go right to the computer and get on this board and every night I tell myself that I won't do it tomorrow. If I had a timer I probably would just shut it off anyway.

I freaked out when lightning must have struck our phone company's modem unit and I couldn't get on. My family thought this was funny - yeh - so very funny.

Ditto to all the above...

That is so true!! My to do list is getting so long that I have started writing (my list) in a notebook. I am on page three in the notebook and haven't crossed a single thing off the list. This site is the GREATEST. Everyone here is so friendly and nice. You all cheer me and keep me going.

Callous??????????????/, I have sore elbows, a numb bottom, a tired neck, and a painful back. Now I use a rolled towel for my arms, padded the seat, wear a neck brace (kidding), and a heating pad for my back. But will I quit, heavens no. This site is like having all of you sitting at my table and having a cup of coffee/tea and munching on sweets and talking, talking, talking. You are my neighbors, friends, teachers, strong shoulders, a crying pillow, and angels. Thank you thank you thank you. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri C
    My issue with this board is----"I"M NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE" lol.
    I'm lov'in this board but between this one and 1 other I go to I'm not getting anything done. I was reading the "UFO Challenge of the Month 2010" form and thought that is what I need to do--not happening, I'm here to much!!!! So tomorrow I'm going to TRY (you see I said try) to get control of my time on the computer--wish me luck I'm going to need it. :)
    I totally agree with you. I do miss a lot on here because I just can't put the time into it as I just plain have to live life in my real world and HAVE to quilt daily and that's all there is to it. I do get a lot out of this board though and do try to allow myself an hour or so a day which does mean it is necessary to select topics of interest to me. It is a wonderful group! Enjoy and let it enhance you life while not allowing it to take it over but it is a great place to be when we need a break from life.
    Patty

From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    I hear ya!!!!! But I learn so much and get so much inspiration! Of course, my "To Do" list is growing at an alarming rate!!!!!! ;-)
    I agree with you!!

:?

My To Do list is up to two pages!!! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Same here.

Blog Entries
    I have joined that club also. I want to read & interact all day, but I NEED to sew and HAVE to quilt. I enjoy the posts though.

Blog Entries
    You know what? I don't drink or smoke so I have to have some kind of addiction. Fabric and this board, is that so bad?

Good luck with your quest! I spend entirely too much time on the quilt sites!!!

Blog Entries
    I actually forced myself to leave this Board this morning and go to the quilting room. The entire time I was in there I kept thinking that maybe I was missing something on the Board. First addicted to fabric and now this, love it ;-)

The first step tp recovery is admitting that you have a problem. ;) Hi, my name is Paulette and I am a quilting board addict. :?

Quote Originally Posted by Terri C
    My issue with this board is----"I"M NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE" lol.
    I'm lov'in this board but between this one and 1 other I go to I'm not getting anything done. I was reading the "UFO Challenge of the Month 2010" form and thought that is what I need to do--not happening, I'm here to much!!!! So tomorrow I'm going to TRY (you see I said try) to get control of my time on the computer--wish me luck I'm going to need it. :)
    I think we're all there with you.

I spend so much time on this site reading, learning, and dreaming, I don't get anything don either!

I AM NOT ADDICTED

I AM NOT ADDICTED!!!!!! I AM RETIRED!!!!!!! My husband traveled 'FOREVER' when our kids were growing up so I never had any real time of my own. Well, 46 yrs of marriage, 7 kids, 13 grandkids and 2 greatgrand kids later I can now do what I want, when i want and however long I want!!!!!!!! I am becoming a permanent fixture at our local quilting shop and by the way.....I am a newbie who only ever hand quilted but i bought a new Viking last year and guess what i started this week? You guessed it...My first machine quilted piece and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!LOL Thanks to you folks, all of your encouragement to other quilters and all of the ideas you share. Now I can say I am truly retired doing what I love to do best. Isn't that what retirement is?

Blog Entries
    DITTO, DITTO, DITTO! I work full-time (at least for the next 5 weeks, then retirement) and look forward to getting to check-out the board right after dinner. Needless to say the quilting is still sitting at the machine unchanged. I do love this board and each and everyone of you who inspire me, make me laugh, cry and just cheer me up. Bless you all.

I love to sew but I don't get to it much since I found this board and I am ashamed of my dirty house.

so true

I thought I was the only one. I boot up the while fixing my first cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    I have to set the timer. No self control at all. At least if I on here I'm not in the kitchen!
    Yep, that's me, set the timer also :thumbup: Or....

:thumbup:I cheat and have the laptop on my sewing table or on a trolley right beside it.

I had a placemat class today and that is why I just now got on. I was having withdrawal and almost connected with my iPhone.

I agree, I read and look at the board get all energized then can't figure out where to start. Oh well - it is great fun!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast