Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: My issue with this board

I love the kitten with the earphones!!! Just love it!
    Now, I realize there are addictions which are truly life threatening, demoralizing, and tragic, so I mean no disrespect here when I talk about addiciton. However, I feel a thoughtless need to buy fabric when I'm in such a store. I must look like I'm slinking around the place. Am I out of control or what????

Blog Entries
    I think I need a self-help group to get me off
    this addiction.

Some time in the future. Maybe.

I don't get anything done. tell my husband I am going to check my e-mails and am on here for another 2 hours. Go to bed at night . Start thinking whats new on the board. get up tell him I will be right back and than its 2 or 3 am. whats wrong with us!!! anyone got an answer. Never had so much fun on my computer!! I have several disc. filled with pit of quilts I want to do.----------and keep filling them. Just love this site
    Margaret.

Blog Entries
    And with an addiction like this, just think , I live next door to my LQs/ local quilt store.

guilty as charged here lol

OMG LOL

MNM

Quote Originally Posted by Terri C
    My issue with this board is----"I"M NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE" lol.
    I'm lov'in this board but between this one and 1 other I go to I'm not getting anything done. I was reading the "UFO Challenge of the Month 2010" form and thought that is what I need to do--not happening, I'm here to much!!!! So tomorrow I'm going to TRY (you see I said try) to get control of my time on the computer--wish me luck I'm going to need it. :)
    I had the same problem. I am retired so I do have a lot of time BUT it still took me all day to get through both of these quilting sites. I love both of them. I now get up at 5 or 5:30 AM, do the computer thing, go for my walk, have breakfast and then get on with my quilting and do some house work if I have time. Ha! I usually don't have the time for the house work. I still have time for my line dance class and square dance club and a little yard work.
    I like quilting best well maybe as well as my line dancing.
    During the day of course I come back and catch up on the latest posts on both sites and sometimes add my two or three cents worth. I have to try all the things you show pictures of and of course that takes more time away from house work. I have a very wonderful husband who will take over when the house gets to messy.
    MNM

That is what i do also but .... i seem to still look at the laptop not what i am supposed to be working on lol
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
    :thumbup:I cheat and have the laptop on my sewing table or on a trolley right beside it.

Me too but I am border line addicted but quilting is my choice of how to spend my time. Like you, I too am retired, married 46 years but only have 2 children and 7 grandchildren, am a hand quilter by choice and they all want and enjoy Grammy's quilts whenever they get one. Every time I sit down to watch TV, a quilt is in my hands and that's ok. While hand quilting a quilt there is also one in some stage of progress - planning or piecing or both. Enjoy and this group is great!
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by sewalot
    I AM NOT ADDICTED!!!!!! I AM RETIRED!!!!!!! My husband traveled 'FOREVER' when our kids were growing up so I never had any real time of my own. Well, 46 yrs of marriage, 7 kids, 13 grandkids and 2 greatgrand kids later I can now do what I want, when i want and however long I want!!!!!!!! I am becoming a permanent fixture at our local quilting shop and by the way.....I am a newbie who only ever hand quilted but i bought a new Viking last year and guess what i started this week? You guessed it...My first machine quilted piece and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!LOL Thanks to you folks, all of your encouragement to other quilters and all of the ideas you share. Now I can say I am truly retired doing what I love to do best. Isn't that what retirement is?

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love this board too! All the quilting family on board.
    Everyone shares such wonderful stories and ideas! Love it!

We are all addicted. I always tell myself I'm just going to look, not post any replies. Well, that NEVER happens. Oh well, there is always tonight while Honey is watching TV

I have to get up at 3 am to get ready for work and here I sit. Then I'll come in here before I get ready for work

If I have a bit of time at work to check in here, I often share tidbits with the gals. They love to see the pix of quilts, and kids, and furbabies, and enjoy the humour on here that I share with them. No sewers there, but they are always ready for show and tell every time I have something new to show.

Patti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SueDor
    I know what you mean.
    ditto :-D ditto :-D ditto :-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
    Callous??????????????/, I have sore elbows, a numb bottom, a tired neck, and a painful back. Now I use a rolled towel for my arms, padded the seat, wear a neck brace (kidding), and a heating pad for my back. But will I quit, heavens no. This site is like having all of you sitting at my table and having a cup of coffee/tea and munching on sweets and talking, talking, talking. You are my neighbors, friends, teachers, strong shoulders, a crying pillow, and angels. Thank you thank you thank you. God bless.
    This made me laugh so hard cuz it is so true. I'm sitting here with the sore elbows and the numb bottom ----- but will I quit---NO WAY!!!!! I love it here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    Same problem here. I have saved so many pics, patterns, ideas, etc. I need a separate 'puter just for quilting. Maybe someday. In the meantime I relax after work just reading all the posts and admiring all the beautiful projects everyone shares. It's a fun place to be and we're learning things at the same time. Thanks to all of you for time well spent.
    What an idea. I need a new computer eventually this one is so slow. But I can keep this one for just quilting and get the new one for the household. Then my DD won't complain so much. LOL
    Talk about addicted.
    I can also loan you these guys. They will make sure you take lots of breaks from the computer.
    Damaquilts, you can send me anyone of those babies you have :), they just might get me off of this darn puter. lol Really love the puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    I want you all to know that I AM NOT ADDICTED! I just get up in the morning and go directly to Quilting Board and check everything out, a morning ritual like brushing my teeth. And I am not addicted to brushing my teeth. It is a habit that is good for my health and happiness. Then when I have everything read and noted and deleted, I do my housework. Every ten minutes or so I come back to the computer, just to check if I got any important messages. I don't like a messy inbox! So I read what is there and note what is important and delete what is not, like the newspaper!!!! Then when everything is read, I delete that - clean inbox! Then about 1/2 hour later, I do the same thing - messy is as messy does! So, I AM NOT ADDICTED - I AM JUST NEAT!!!!!!! Edie
    Oh Edie, I like your way of thinking!!!! I'm taking it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    I make no excuses for the time on this board. It's like reading a very good novel. It's time spent reading and learning and at my age, I need to keep learning. I even enjoy going back to old boards and re-reading many of the posting and particularly looking at the pictures of others quilts. I feel I'm getting adult education and that's a really good thing. Plus it has broadened my list of friends because I have felt friendship from many of you and have learned the joy of sharing what I have with others. This board is great therapy!!! So enjoy and don't feel guilty that you're doing something good for yourself.
    Oh I like your way of thinking also. I'm so glad I came here tonight because I now know, I'm not addicted!!!, I'm getting an education, making new friends, and finding therapy when I need it. :) And it's all for FREE, life is good!!

Yep. Here I sit on the computer. Not at the sewing machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    I want you all to know that I AM NOT ADDICTED! I just get up in the morning and go directly to Quilting Board and check everything out, a morning ritual like brushing my teeth. And I am not addicted to brushing my teeth. It is a habit that is good for my health and happiness. Then when I have everything read and noted and deleted, I do my housework. Every ten minutes or so I come back to the computer, just to check if I got any important messages. I don't like a messy inbox! So I read what is there and note what is important and delete what is not, like the newspaper!!!! Then when everything is read, I delete that - clean inbox! Then about 1/2 hour later, I do the same thing - messy is as messy does! So, I AM NOT ADDICTED - I AM JUST NEAT!!!!!!! Edie
    RIGHT ON! I tend to be one of those people who clean my tabs, emails and Board topics all the time too. Makes me nervous if things get too cluttered. Same goes for my housework, sewing room but when it comes to nesting those pointed quilt corners something goes goofy. Oh well, this Board is a great release on life with many super posts and links. Thanks to our Admin, I do not miss a day of it.

I DID IT! I stayed away from the board allllllll dayyyy! It is now 9:52 pm and I'm just now checking in....I knew I could do it...now lets see how long I can hold out tomorrow...

All of our friends are here...ok...we may have a few others not here but this is the site that inspires, shares and loves me even when I goof up...BFF all of you and so blessed to have this board.
    Thanks to all my quilting buddies and this wonderful addiction...it is great!!

Hi just interested what other site do you go on? Or maybe this might be a mistake for me LOL
    Margaret

I love this site and all you people on here!! I spend WAY too much time here, tho!!!

That's easy enough, DON'T TURN IT ON!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast