Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: My issue with this board

Blog Entries
    Looks like we're all the same :)

Sounds like my house, how about a frozen pizza to add to the list. LOL. Thanks for the sites, Now I think I will just sit on them for awhile, Got to think if I want to go there. Just to much in love with this one and would feel like I am cheating on my BF by going to the others when there is no need. LOL.
    Margaret.

Yes ma'am!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda1
    I love to sew but I don't get to it much since I found this board and I am ashamed of my dirty house.
    Naw, you don't have a dirty house. You just have a few extra dust bunnies that come along with the quilting
    If the dishes are cleaned up and you can find a path to your sewing room that is all that matters.
    Take your unexpected guests in there and show them with enthusiasum what you are working on.
    :XD:

Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by dellareya
    Do they have a 12 step program for people addicted to this board?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oops
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda1
    I love to sew but I don't get to it much since I found this board and I am ashamed of my dirty house.
    Naw, you don't have a dirty house. You just have a few extra dust bunnies that come along with the quilting
    If the dishes are cleaned up and you can find a path to your sewing room that is all that matters.
    Take your unexpected guests in there and show them with enthusiasum what you are working on.
    :XD:
    I prefer to call it "Angel Dust" :) It somehow makes it better.

Colleen1978: I LOVE your quilt!!!!

Today, for a change, I actually helped clean at my congregation...and yesterday at home. So, I can 'play' some now this week, right? SEW, SEW, SEW!

;-) You may feel like you're getting nothing done ... but ... this board is making you ... making many of us ... truly HAPPY :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cimarron
    Thanks! You asked to see a larger picture but I couldn't attach in the private message. Here it is:

Party Dresses
    Name:  Attachment-99201.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  65.0 KB

OH!!! It is ever nicer than I had been able to see in the thumbnail! I went to school to do custom clothing design...and can just imagine how much fun one of these would be to make...
    Your little details, pockets, and belts/waistline treatments, and various necklines, and hems, and aprons (complete with frilly edges no less!)...OH! It is like designing an entire wardrobe. I need to get to work on one of these! Let's see that is about #4014 on my "TO DO TODAY" list! AND you see I'm on the computer instead...isn't everyone? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by colleen1978
    Thanks! You asked to see a larger picture but I couldn't attach in the private message. Here it is:
    what an adorable quilt. Wow. Thank you for re-posting as I didn't see it before. Love it. Great job.
    Patty

This is soooooo cute!!!! got to put it on my todo list too, Opps got to put in a new disc. my others are full. Thanks for sharing.
    Margaret

MNM

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce
    Derla,
    Waffles are good.
    As are... grilled cheese, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bologna sandwiches (my favorite), macaroni & cheese, hamburger & Randell beans, hot dogs & beans. Applesauce or pickled beets go well with any of these, along with home-made bread from the machine.
    Cookies or ice cream for dessert.
    This is the Quilter's Menu, or whatever it is you do.
    All in favor say, Aye!
    They all sound good and quick and I think my DH can make them himself if I get to "busy". I have never heard of Randell beans, they might be something else he could make. Tell us what they are. I am in Calif, we do bake, BBQ,chile and refried beans but no Randell beans.
    MNM

That is the brand.

MNM

That is the brand.
    Thanks, we don't have that brand on our shelves. But I bet my DH could open the can.
    MNM

They have some nice recipes on their homepage... :thumbup:

I would also like to see a larger picture. Beautiful!

I have the same problem

MNM

They have some nice recipes on their homepage... :thumbup:
    Thanks, went there, saw them and will try some of them.
    And I thought this board was just for quilters, the two things I love most are quiting and cooking
    Keep um coming.
    MNM

Blog Entries
    Me Too, but: I also am addicted to Bookworm. How do I get anything done.? I need an incentive, so each morning I send myself an E-mail--My to do list for today in 18 pt font. Print it out and as I achieve one task mark it off. When page is blank, I have accomplished all. If only partially done, I've read Quilting Board or played Bookworm too long. However, It is a successful method as I can't stand to not meet my own goals.
    Virginia

I crochet at night when I can't sleep. Set takes about 1 week, couple hours at a time.
    Name:  Attachment-99423.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  40.1 KB

MNM

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia
    Me Too, but: I also am addicted to Bookworm. How do I get anything done.? I need an incentive, so each morning I send myself an E-mail--My to do list for today in 18 pt font. Print it out and as I achieve one task mark it off. When page is blank, I have accomplished all. If only partially done, I've read Quilting Board or played Bookworm too long. However, It is a successful method as I can't stand to not meet my own goals.
    Virginia
    Love your way of thinking, I too write lists but never thought about E mailing them to myself. Thanks bunches
    Would also be a good way to remember what is on your shoppinig list that you left home when you went to the store. Seems I can remember better if I see it in type rather than script???? I know that's wierd. We live 45 miles away from any services so I get so upset with myself when I forget the list. I am a good impulse buyer however.
    MNM

Blog Entries
    Those of you who liked my party dress quilt....as you can see, it isn't finished. I have it pinned in a quilt sandwich but I can't decide how to "quilt as desired." I am thinking, and have been for months, that on the white around the dresses I could either stipple or echo but I have no clue what would look best on the borders. Help! :) I put so much work into this quilt that I'm afraid to quilt it now.

Blog Entries
    What an adorable quilt for a little girl. Love your attention to detail.

Blog Entries
    I agree I love this place
    having to work sure gets in the way

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast