Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My issue with this board

Quote Originally Posted by Jshep
    I love this board too. Soooo many nice peoplel here. It's wonderful to make friends all over the world. Friends whom you can talk to everyday. Talk about all sorts of things. You know, it doesn't always have to be about sewing (even though we are all addicts). LOL Just for fun, name something you really like to do other than sewing. I will be the first to start. I love to cook and read. Now it's your turn.
    Read and foster dogs

Blog Entries
    go girl go! :lol:
    I wish we could divide this newsletterin segments. Work a little,read a little
    carol (ceegee)

yup! me too

Blog Entries
    I try and stay to just a few topics when I have a ton of sewing to do, because once I'm in here, DH has to practically drag me off! LOL! Quilters are the very best people to know, aren't they?

It is an addiction.
    But lots of fun.
    Keeps us off the highways and we can get drunk on this and never worry about anything else.
    Even restores our humor when having a bad day.

Me Too. I should we working.

Quote Originally Posted by chance
    Ditto. Maybe you could make this forum into audio books :) That way we could still get things done and not a miss a single pearl of wisom.
    I was just thinking about this that it should be audio. Somebody out there needs to figure that out for us.
    Then we would all be quiltling fools, our stashes would diminish, our LQSs would love us, and we'd get soooooooooooo much done!

I don't know what you are talking about. I am just checking on a couple of things real quick. What, I have been on here an hour not possible. HaHa

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshep
    I love this board too. Soooo many nice peoplel here. It's wonderful to make friends all over the world. Friends whom you can talk to everyday. Talk about all sorts of things. You know, it doesn't always have to be about sewing (even though we are all addicts). LOL Just for fun, name something you really like to do other than sewing. I will be the first to start. I love to cook and read. Now it's your turn.
    Read and foster dogs
    read books (and ride horses when I get new knees!)

I make no excuses for the time on this board. It's like reading a very good novel. It's time spent reading and learning and at my age, I need to keep learning. I even enjoy going back to old boards and re-reading many of the posting and particularly looking at the pictures of others quilts. I feel I'm getting adult education and that's a really good thing. Plus it has broadened my list of friends because I have felt friendship from many of you and have learned the joy of sharing what I have with others. This board is great therapy!!! So enjoy and don't feel guilty that you're doing something good for yourself.

Senior Member ORSunshineQuilter's Avatar
    Oh I HEAR you girl! I went out of town for two months to dial-up land and thought I had conquered withdrawal. WRONG! I am right back in there. This Board is addictive! I just don't get anything else done because there are so many wonderful, thought-provoking posts! Thanks everyone for making this such a wonderful place to be! It's like having quilting class in your own home!

yep..agreed !! my dh says to me... are you logging off yet? lol
    i try,, i really really try to log off !!

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sherriequilts
    Quote Originally Posted by chance
    Ditto. Maybe you could make this forum into audio books :) That way we could still get things done and not a miss a single pearl of wisom.
    I was just thinking about this that it should be audio. Somebody out there needs to figure that out for us.
    Then we would all be quiltling fools, our stashes would diminish, our LQSs would love us, and we'd get soooooooooooo much done!
    LOVE this idea!! If only... Surely that will happen some day - hope I'm still around when it does!! lol

I agree that this can be addictive. There's a lot to check out. :thumbup:

OMG I can't stay off this site. I love hearing about the quilting stuff... The patterns, the pictures, the Tutorials, and seeing all the beautiful quilts everyone makes is just soooooooooooooooo great. I just can't get any sewing done.LOL

I have learned so much on this board just in the short time I've been here - but how can I make use of what I've learned when I "have" to be here to see what else I need to learn?? What a dilemma!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm in the same boat. On the other hand, I've learned so much, that the projects I am getting done are truly turning out better. I've been tickled pink that some of the "little" tips I've applied have made my points and seams much more accurate. I've gotten many ideas for color combinations, placement of blocks, etc., all of which I wouldn't have thought would look good, but which did! It's been like having a group of you folks with me, and I can ask all the "stupid" questions I like.
    I try to limit myself to one hour in the morning after basic farm chores, or I"ll easily be here for the whole morning and not know where the time went!

Blog Entries
    LOL! I thought about starting a topic once, 'are you still a quilter if all you do is look at the quilt board?' I have learned it is hard to just take a quick look and then get some quilting done. I have several WIP's and some definite to do's on my list. I have tried to do better, deadlines for swaps help and they are so much fun.

Teri,
    I am totally in agreement with you! I am new as well and I look forward to getting up and checking to see who is on and what everyone is doing.

Bev
    Right from the start, when it began, I tried not to let myself become addicted. But as time went on, and the subjects became more and more relevent to me, I found myself spending a lot of time here. I'm trying harder now to tone it down. But so far I'm not having a lot of success. I'm neglecting both housework and quilting (plus sewing clothes for myself and grandkids) and I still feel little guilt. This is what an addiction does to a person!! 8-)

But, I must admit, this is a good addiction!! Remember, it could be a whole lot worse.

Oh my - here I sit and was just going to check one little thing and have been here for an hour. Guess I don't have a solution for our addiction either. Will just continue to enjoy the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by dellareya
    Do they have a 12 step program for people addicted to this board?
    If there is, I think it would be a pretty empty meeting room! :) LOL

When I am not able to get to my sewing room, for whatever reason, I find this board just as relaxing as quilting is...AND I always learn something. :)

Patti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pzazz
    Quote Originally Posted by dellareya
    Do they have a 12 step program for people addicted to this board?
    If there is, I think it would be a pretty empty meeting room! :) LOL

When I am not able to get to my sewing room, for whatever reason, I find this board just as relaxing as quilting is...AND I always learn something. :)

Patti
    If they did, we would all just start talking about quilting and getting together for another chat or project! We would all get new ideas and go home, share it on the board and see what others think about it. Then we would have more things to share at the next meeting. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Terri C
    My issue with this board is----"I"M NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE" lol.
    I'm lov'in this board but between this one and 1 other I go to I'm not getting anything done. I was reading the "UFO Challenge of the Month 2010" form and thought that is what I need to do--not happening, I'm here to much!!!! So tomorrow I'm going to TRY (you see I said try) to get control of my time on the computer--wish me luck I'm going to need it. :)
    Mum and I are both helpless when it comes to reading this site. :-D

What I try to do? Read it first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee when I'm helping Hubby get round for work...that's at 5 am. Then again after any kind of nap with a cup of tea to wake up.

That still is a lot of sitting, but I can get things done. :)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast