Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My lesson for today..... >

My lesson for today.....

My lesson for today.....

Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 AM

Yes, I know. I had the same experience with the sit down tiara machine.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:13 PM

Thank you for this insightful story. We are blessed. I don't really need a larger quilting machine. I have more sewing machines than I can use now. Just needed to step back and appreciate all that I have right in front of me. And it's all paid for.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 PM

Loved your story!
I really struggled with my last quilt. It got caught on my table about every 15 seconds. So frustrating. Told myself I am not quilting another large quilt until I get a new table that my machine can sit down into. Maybe I should be thinking about the Tin Lizzie instead. Maybe they don't cost much more than the nice tables. Time to do some research!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by calano1 View Post
You are right ....it is too easy to covet .... especially here where everyone is bragging all the time!!!
I really don't think of it as bragging. I am glad that people talk about their long arms--but I am trying to learn to be a better FMQ on my Janome. In the meantime, I love to look at what people do--it is very inspirational.

If you are the type of person to be jealous, then you have to be careful what you let yourself see/hear. If not, you are free to see/hear all those wonderful things people have/places people go. It is very liberating to be able to rejoice for others.

But, not to say that if you really want a long arm, why not start saving for it? Start a special ING savings account on line and have a yard sale, ebay sales, babysit, sell off unneeded stuff, look for part time work --put it all in the account and watch your savings grow...
Old 08-24-2013, 11:43 PM

I'm with you, I was all set to buy a long arm this summer but something happened twice when I had the money and it had to go for the good of the family. I'm determined ill have one in the next year. I will only buy what I have pay cash for, I'm getting an affordable Baileys longarm...I've used one and they are basic machines and the price is right for my budget
Old 08-25-2013, 03:57 AM

I loved your analogy on coping with what God has blessed me with. I have never seen a LA in action. I see the beautiful work it does, but quiet honestly I don't think it's for me. Now a new Baby lock or a new Janome machine yes. So for now I will just use my old horses.