Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My local monthly quilting bee just broke up!!! >

My local monthly quilting bee just broke up!!!

My local monthly quilting bee just broke up!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 AM

when Monday football starts............have a Monday nite Girls nite out...... everybody could co what they want................!
jacqué
Old 10-30-2009, 04:17 PM

I wish I had read this earlier.
I am just on my way back to Toronto, Canada from a quilting expedition in Lancaster County, Penn. I must have passed your front door. I cant begin to tell you how successful the trip was.
I would have dropped by and made you feel all my new fabrics, discuss my patterns and we would ooh and aah over my descriptions of the beautiful Amish quilts and the quilting museum. I'd come with chocolate.
I would have made you forget your quilting bee, just for a moment.
Hopefully you will find a replacement soon.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 PM

Start your own group... Maybe it failed because of some of the "UNFRIENDLY' ones ran all the FRIENDLYS away. That happened in our little group here. The rude person who ran all of the quilters off decided she was FAAARRRR to ADVANCED for the rest of us. "She" doesn't come anymore so more folks are returing.... YEAH!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:17 AM

On page 2 Bellaboo said she would still show up even if she's the only one. Good idea. At the same time put notices on bulletin boards -- churches, supermarkets, library, LQS if you're lucky enough to have one. Use a quilt motif as an eye-catcher so it stands out from other notices. Maybe even one person will see it and show up alongside you. Remem ber the old commercial -- "she told two friends, and she told two friends..?. My cousin and I used to be the only quilters we knew; we called ourselves the Cousins Guild. One day we heard of a local group starting up and now we're in a group of about 12 and loving it. Hope your story turns out with a happy ending.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Do you think that the building would ever be the same after we all were there together? :shock:
well, Cutie, if all of us from Diaries manage to live up to our given reputations...let's hope not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Old 11-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CanadianLoon

I wish I had read this earlier.
I am just on my way back to Toronto, Canada from a quilting expedition in Lancaster County, Penn. I must have passed your front door. I cant begin to tell you how successful the trip was.
I would have dropped by and made you feel all my new fabrics, discuss my patterns and we would ooh and aah over my descriptions of the beautiful Amish quilts and the quilting museum. I'd come with chocolate.
I would have made you forget your quilting bee, just for a moment.
Hopefully you will find a replacement soon.
CL...that sounds like fun!
There aren't any quiliting groups around here. Anybody comes sharing chocolate has got to be a friend of mine :lol: