Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my low tech sewing room

I have a computer that has one of the latest video cards and it's almost as fast as the new ones out there now. It's a custom rig built for video gaming. With both computers in one room it gets warm quickly so there are 5 fans in the room and I have 6 fans in the tower itself and my husband has 5 in his.
    I don't have my embroidery machine connected to the network. I use a flash drive to hold patterns. I listen to my Bose system and have a 18" flat panel monitor as a tv and a dvd player in there.
    I don't need a kindle or nook, blackberry or an ipad. I think my Ipod touch is the latest electronic device fad I have.

I only have a new computer because my 10 yr. old one died last year; and I love listening to my cassettes...still have a duel cassette player/radio combination that I love. Hoping it never dies. Still have my plain Kenmore sewing machine that I bought for $117 dollars that I use for curtains and jeans; but have to confess hubby bought me the new Janome Horizon as a surprise for our wedding anniversary. It is very nice!! I couldn't be without a rotary cutter because the arthritis in my fingers wouldn't allow for me to cut all those pieces of fabric with scissors. I don't text and have no desire to have a blackberry. Still enjoy reading a real book too!

I wish I had a sewing room. My machine gets set on the kitchen table , my iron/cutting board sit in the living room, and my fabric is in my spare bedroom. My hubby works out of town a week at a time then home for a few days, so when he is out then I can do my sewing and cutting without moving anything :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad

You know if you want to you can print with less ink. When you are in the Print dialog box, go to Properties, Here you can lower your print quality from Normal to Fast Normal (colors are faded) or Fast draft (every thing gray scale). I use the lower print quality all the time.
    I do that all the time still epson sucks down ink.
    What lead me to that they were cheating you out of ink was. I was low on my color inks and only changing them when they ran out.
    But I only printed with black ink only selected. Yet the colors kept running out. So when they were not suppose to be using color ink somehow my ink was gone. Lol live and learn. I had read an article on yahoo a few years ago about printers doing that and I didnt pay much attention as I had a lexmark. But hubby got me this Epson for my birthday so I am stuck with it for awhile

Blog Entries
    I have one of my bedroom turned in a sewing room. When my Children come to visit in the summer everything has to be put in the garage and all the bedroom things put back. I have a T.V,
    hubby gave me a cd player for Xmas, my cutting board/
    ironing board is a desk with drawers and it is over 60 years old.
    Until recently I had a long folding table for my sewing table. I had a new one built. I do have 2 sewing machines. I spend lots of enjoyable hours quilting and listening to my favourite music.
    When I started quilting It was in my living room on a folding table by the window.

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    reading yesterday about some (lucky!) quilter who got a $5000 sewing machine (wow).
    I was looking around my sewing room/computer room/guest room and came up with the following.
    Sewing machine -Mom's cabinet Kenmore that was new when I was 7 or 8, (am 54 now). DH uses treadle in the living room.
    Cassette boom box to listen to my Patsy Kline/Dinah Washington/Skeeter Davis tapes while sewing.
    PC with Windows XP (new to me, used to have a W98 model). No connection between PC and sewing machine.
    Printer, I am guessing about 1992 model?
    Several pairs of scissors, never graduated to rotary cutter as we use mostly scraps.

Now I can't be the only one. fess up, who else will join me back in the 20th century?

"Patsy Kline/Dinah Washington/Skeeter Davis" Wow!! :shock:

not all on one tape!! I have very eclectic tastes in music, also Mario Lanza, Placido Domingo, Ella Fitzgerald, Bessie Smith...
    All the stuff my DH does not like, so I can listen to my stuff in my sewing room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2