Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Be My Valentine Exchange - UPDATE Page 1

We are not having a chat to open the Valentines, you can open them when you get them. :)

Hope everyone enjoys the exchange. :)

Blog Entries
    Oh Shadow, I can hardly wait!! :D :D :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Oh thank goodness I don't have to go through those creepy box movements and box noises again so soon. I just don't think I could make it through :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lfw045
    I have the address with me as I am on my way to my Dad's for a week. I will go to my favorite LQS, http://www.quiltedexpressions.com, and do my shopping as I know exactly what I want to get. She has been leaving me hints as to what she likes all over the place......hehehehehe.

This is so exciting! It will be mailed out by the 20th however
    I wasn't aware that we were supposed to contact the other person to see what they wanted...
    It appears I have done mine wrong so I will apologize now...

Dreamer, I didn't contact mine either, I don't think we were supposed to. The suprise is the best part of the fun :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lfw045
    I have the address with me as I am on my way to my Dad's for a week. I will go to my favorite LQS, http://www.quiltedexpressions.com, and do my shopping as I know exactly what I want to get. She has been leaving me hints as to what she likes all over the place......hehehehehe.

This is so exciting! It will be mailed out by the 20th however
    I wasn't aware that we were supposed to contact the other person to see what they wanted...
    It appears I have done mine wrong so I will apologize now...
    It could be that who they got has posted some things in other threads that they like. Not meaning to say what they would like to get in this swap, but a comment like 'I work more with pinks then reds'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mommaB
    Dreamer, I didn't contact mine either, I don't think we were supposed to. The suprise is the best part of the fun :D :D :D
    I am seriously confused that I have done this wrong..
    My intentions weren't to hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009
    I am seriously confused that I have done this wrong..
    My intentions weren't to hurt anyone.

Oh no! I don't think you did it wrong!!!!

Has anyone got the package yet?

Dreamer, don't worry about contacting your person...I'm sure your Secret Valentine didn't mind being asked what she/he might like for Val.Day. No big deal....remember, on this board the rule is "WE HAVE NO RULES." Happy V-Day to everyone.

Dreamer you didn't do anything wrong. It's the fun in doing it that counts, there are no rights or wrongs from this kind of exchange. :)

I agree no rules! Just have fun! My Valentine will have 6FQ's in her package. Just could not stop at 5.
    Connie

I didn't contact mine either. I'm glad mine didn't contact me. I don't like telling someone what I want. I feel that a gift is a gift. I love the surprise. And it's up to me to be creative with whatever I receive. I can't wait for my surprise !!

Blog Entries
    Mine went out by FedEx today ! :lol: And I also did not contact my exchange person. :wink: It the fun of the surprise for me. Remember its suppose to be fun, something to look forward to during these cold dreary days of winter. :D
    Sharon

Got mine today Lulu and thank you very much for all the 'pink' fat quarters. You got my number. I tried to post a pic but screwed up something. Will keep trying. Happy Valentines Day to you!! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Sent mine out today. I love surprises so I can't wait to get mine. I am the easiest person to give a present to because I love getting surprises. Hope mine feels the same way. This is sooooo much fun!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    Sent mine out today. I love surprises so I can't wait to get mine. I am the easiest person to give a present to because I love getting surprises. Hope mine feels the same way. This is sooooo much fun!!!!!!! Thanks Shadow.

Oh my, sorry for any confusion. Just to clear this up, I did not contact my Secret Valentine at all. I simply did some research on her posts to give me some idea of what she might like in the way of fabrics. That is all.

To avoid further confusion, that was not a rule of the exchange, it was just something I wanted to do.

Sorry Shadow, for the confusion.

Mine in getting into the mail about right this minute, DH left for the post office with it and a package for DD in Iraq. I guess I am boring, I didn't do anything "special" either. This is fun anyway, can't wait to see what I get!!!

OOOOOOH !!! I received my Valentine surprise this afternoon!! Thank you soooooooo much, Dreamer. You must know me like a book. I especially like the stripe and the geometric ones. I love paisley and the hearts look like paisley prints. They're all great ! The colors are perfect. I may not sleep tonight, just wondering how I can use them.

I picked up my fabrics for my Valentine! I am planning to have them in the mail this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    I didn't contact mine either. I'm glad mine didn't contact me. I don't like telling someone what I want. I feel that a gift is a gift. I love the surprise. And it's up to me to be creative with whatever I receive. I can't wait for my surprise !!
    I just went back today to read the thread because it had bothered me that Dreamer felt so bad thinking that she had done something wrong. Isnt' it hilarious that without even knowing it (that she was my secret Valentine -- or is it that I was her secret Valentine :?: ) I was trying to console her and let her know that I had done the same thing. Things all worked out well. And I repeat, I am soooo pleased with her gift. I really appreciate the beautiful FQs. Can't wait to have time to do something with them. It will have to be something very special. I'll probably name the piece "Dreamer." :lol:

Banned
    mine is going out tomorrow. I didn't want to touch or send anything to anyone until I got over this virus, which, I am feeling MUCH better today :)

Blog Entries
    Mine went in the mail Thursday. Happy Valentines Day Everyone.

Blog Entries
    I got my package! I got my package! Wow! I'm so excited! DO YOU SEE ME SHOUTING, MS SAGE?????

This is so cool! I never get surprises, as my dh has me pick all my presents and he writes the check. (At least, I usually get what I want!)

It's in a pretty red wrapper....and a froggy gift bag, how cute! and beautiful fabrics, all so loving, THIS IS WONDERFUL! And chocolates and a valentine...
    Thank you, thank you!

my valentine loot, so fantastic! thank you
    Name:  Attachment-15123.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  40.3 KB

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast